Aussie Guy says Hi.

knight76

Country
Australia
Region
NSW
Hi all, I figured since i just joined the polite thing to do is post up an intro thread.

My name is Jason and I am in the process of buying my second Amiga.

As a young pup I owned a 486 DX40 which was of course far more powerful than the Amiga 500 of the day, but a friend of mine had an Amiga500 and the damn thing was just better than the 486. It sounded better, it looked better, the games were better, just seemed to have cleaner crisper graphics and I always loved heading over to his place for some games.

Years later, about 20. I finally bought my first Amiga which was indeed an Amiga 500. This has served me for a while but recently I sold this and am looking to step up to an Amiga 1200. I have one ready to go, just have to go and collect it.

To me the Amiga represents the golden age of gaming. I was never really in to the consoles but the Amiga was something else. So many classic games, developers and icons of the gaming industry like Sid Meir were to be found on the Amiga.

Games of note that I recall:
Sensible Soccer - I still regard this as THE best soccer game ever.
Chaos Engine.
Nuclear War
Supremacy
Gianna Sisters
X-out
Populous
Silkworm
This list could go on for a long time so I better stop.

Anyway, thanks to the mods/owners for setting up this great resource for Amiga enthusiasts to trade and chat online. (y)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Welcome I am sure you will have lots of fun onhere (y)

The day I had a dx2 486, the thing had a sound card, colors making it more acceptable.

I remember the replacement of my C64 with a 286. What a bad day. I remember I cried as a kid. (I was a kid) LOL

Jon Hare

Country
Hamburg
Region
Germany
Welcome to the great Community of AmiBay!

You'll find (nearly) everything Amiga related (hardware, Software, advices) you're searching for...be sure of that :)

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Christ. There are so many peopple saying Hi recently, It's costing me a fortune in cold ones.

Here's another one for ya! :drinkin: *hic* :mrgreen:

Kin

knight76

Country
Australia
Region
NSW
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Looking forward to getting my little A1200 and slaughtering some sprites :)

Top Bottom