Australian CPC Enthusiast

Mikeych

Country
Australia
Region
Victoria
Hi All. Mike here. After a long time away from Amstrad CPC machines (about 20 years), I'm realy wanting to relive some of my childhood. Sory but as good as the emulators are, they just dont compare to the real deal.

My first CPC was a 464 with green screen monitor. My dad bought it for us back in 1988. Not sure what it would of cost but im guessing it would have emptied his wallet that week. It was a real surprise to us kids as we hadnt been harrasing mum and dad for anything like that. I can still remember unboxing it. The whole family gathered around as we started up the welcome to Amstrad tape. Spending hours with dad typeing in games. Dad went to a lot of trouble buying books for me to type in programs from. God I dont think kids these days would have the attention span to spend a couple of hours typing in a game and tehn debugging it LOL.

Anyway that machine died in the early 90's and dad got us an Amstrad Mega PC. ( yes i did nag for that one). and pretty much been on pc's ever since, but i have always been nostalgic for the CPC. about 10 years ago i got my hands on a beat up 6128 but the drive has failed and no softwareso it has sat dormant in my sheds during various moves.

I recently came accros floppy drive emulators and thought it was time to get myself a CPC in decent condition so i can go and play those fantastic 8 bit games.

CHeers

Mike

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Mi Mike, welcome to Amibay!
Good luck with your search for CPC gear, Woody is a huge fan, and there are a few more tucked away in the dark corners of the site.

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Welcome Mike.

CPC 6128's drives were easy to fix (if you got a "bad filename" or something all the time). :)

Top Bottom