Back to the A500..

mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
No! i dont need it, i have an A1200 & A4000. nope no use to me....

okay bought it A500 in white box. for the love of god why??

oh well, it looks like the same spec as my one and only shop bought - full price computer in 1987.

Commodore A500, with the little blue circle saying it has the "new - introduction to the A500"

My first Amiga had workbench 1.2 .... hope this does

Oh the memories!

Of all the computers ive owned , the A500 is the only one i bought new!

Ti99/4a
zx81
sinclair zx +
C64 (brown)
C64 (cream slim one)
Amiga A500
various Amiga A500 / A600 /A1200
then the PC 386 / 486 / pentium junk..

And now..

2 x Apple imacs
1 x A1200
1 x A4000
1 x A500 when it comes!

Anyway dreams of my youth ....A500

A500
GVP accelerator (seem to remember a big 40 on one?)
Hard drive side car

This would of cost hundreds of pounds in the 80s!

bye for now..

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
yes..... it seems your addiction and converions process is right on schedule...

.....excelent.....

=)

Geraldine

Re-discovering Amigas after a bit of an absence!
Country
Scotland
Region
Renfrewshire
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the A500 has been appearing alot on Amibay, either for sale, wanted or even in discussions lately. Nice to see lots of interest in which for many, (myself included) was their first miggy :)
Sure, later models had more power, better expandability ect ect, but there will always be "something special" about owning a good old 500

Powerpie5000

Hardware Junkie™
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
I love the A500 as it was my first ever miggy when i was little (it belonged to my father first). Since then i've owned and sold countless A500's, A600's and a few A1200's.

I got rid of my entire miggy collection a while ago as my pets required more attention... and i had a few big nasty vet bills (a price to pay for owning exotic animals). Anyway i've been using WinUAE occasionally since then and now i'm planning on getting back into the hardware scene... again :roll:

Finding a nice clean A500+ with no battery damage seems a bit slim after receiving the most corroded, rusted A500+ in the post the other day. Nothing could be saved :(. I'm now looking to get a nice refurb A1200 from Amigakit.com (mainly because it comes with a 1 year warranty (y)). It's a shame they no longer have any nos A1200's available.

Anyway i currently have a couple of A500's - one in pretty much mint condition and the other is currently out of action until i can get round to looking at it again.

ad-rs1600i

AmiBayer
Country
Britain
Region
Northamptonshire
Anyway dreams of my youth ....A500

A500
GVP accelerator (seem to remember a big 40 on one?)
Hard drive side car

This would of cost hundreds of pounds in the 80s!

bye for now..

That's like me and my A600, building the machine I dreamt of when I was 13/14 years old but could never afford :) Best bit about being an adult, finally buying all the stuff you wanted as a kid(y)

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
That's like me and my A600, building the machine I dreamt of when I was 13/14 years old but could never afford :) Best bit about being an adult, finally buying all the stuff you wanted as a kid(y)

And that's how so many of us ended up here! Be careful about delusions of grandeur though, I thought an A1200 with an '030 and a hard disk would be enough for me, but it wasn't. I needed an A4000 tower with Zorro cards, PCI cards and an 060+ accelerator. I'm still going on that one!

Brataccas

AmiBayer
Country
Swindon
Region
Wiltshire
Hi,

Yup the A500 is probably my all time favourite, that and the A3000T (if i could ever afford one).

Up until last year i finally got my Dream A500 setup together but due to financial commitments (wife and kids) i had to start dismantling it. Gavillan bought my GVP A530 40mhz but i managed to keep my main A500 which is still mint in the box with 3.1 roms in (well rom).

One day i`ll probably build another as like you guys the bug just won`t go away, by then it will probably cost alot more!

Cheers,

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Amiga here was amiga 500 for the masses. As I recall:

A1200: to late nobody had it - of course there were real amiga fans who had it, not the masses

A600: knew some people who had it - with HD GAMES AS WELL.

A500: Almost everybody - it was a good choice

Big boxes:
Uuh nobody in my youth to be honest, never saw one for real unther 30. (exept the A2000)

Oo yes rom 1.x was all that was needed here..

cosmicfrog

The 1 That Ribbits
Country
UK
Region
Potteries
for me the best thing about the A500 was socketed chips, easy replace/upgrade and non of that smd soldering malarkey

Top Bottom