Closed BBC Master 5.25" floppy drive (for spares or repair)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
This is a Watford Electronics BBC Master 5.25" floppy disk drive, which I believe is in need of repair - Was £8, then £5, now £3 +p&p (as this item is quite heavy, I would expect this could be around £12 for the UK).

I have tested it with the pictured disk, 'Play It Again Sam 16' (which is included). The drive whirs when the disk is inserted, but stops when the lock is brought down. When connected to a BBC Master, I could not get the drive to read the disc. This could be a drive fault or a disc fault, or both could be faulty. This drive and disk is sold as is.

Attachments

• 29122009440b.jpg
    29122009440b.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Station240

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
Adelaide,Australia
Region
South Australia
Postage to my part of the world for the whole thing would be painful, and I never had any luck fixing 5 1/2 drives so far.

I'd be interested in the whole thing minus the broken drive itself. That is the cables, disk and casing. If nothing else I can put a 3 1/2 drive in it.

cosmicfrog

The 1 That Ribbits
Rating - 98.8%
81   1   0
Country
UK
Region
Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands
if you don`t want the lever can I have it plz

Mine broke when I brought the brigeboard of andy

if so PM me plz

Station240

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
Adelaide,Australia
Region
South Australia
I've not had any reply yet from Jumping Anaconda, here or in the PM I sent. I might even take the entire thing as it may be an easy fix.

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
Hi,

Sorry I am struggling a little to keep up with things at the moment. I propose that I hang on for another couple of weeks to see if anybody wants the drive whole. If they do not, I shall break it up, with Station240 and Cosmicfrog first in the queue. Does that sound ok?

Station240

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
Adelaide,Australia
Region
South Australia
Ok you've worn me down, and think I have a reasonable chance of fixing this.
I'll take the whole thing as is, just PM me with your paypal details.

I'm buying a whole pile of stuff of ebay in the next few days anyway, easier for me to do all the payments at once.

cosmicfrog

The 1 That Ribbits
Rating - 98.8%
81   1   0
Country
UK
Region
Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands
Station240 would you be willing to let me have the leaver of the front of the drive plz ??

If not I understand

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
Station240,

I am actually away from the item at the moment, can I get back to you with the postage cost on Thursday/Friday?

Station240

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
Adelaide,Australia
Region
South Australia
Station240 would you be willing to let me have the leaver of the front of the drive plz ??

If not I understand

I've sent you a PM about parts from a dead drive I have here. Its an easier option for all of us.

Station240,

I am actually away from the item at the moment, can I get back to you with the postage cost on Thursday/Friday?

sure no problem

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
Unfortunately, the best quote I can get to sent it to Australia online is over £37, so I am assuming this is a non-starter.

Station240

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
Adelaide,Australia
Region
South Australia
Unfortunately, the best quote I can get to sent it to Australia online is over £37, so I am assuming this is a non-starter.

Let me think about it, going out in about 5 minutes.

Postage is the same regardless of who I buy the drive off, hence the only way I can save money is on the item itself. Hence £3 is better than ebay's £30 pounds for the same thing.

Station240

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
Adelaide,Australia
Region
South Australia
I've got more 5 1/4 disks I need to access, but no drive of any description and its driving me nuts.

OK, I've scrapped together the £40 odd pounds needed, PM me your paypal account details etc. I have to buy a few more items off ebay soon, so I'll lump all the payments together.

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
Hi Station240,

Sorry I missed your reply, my notifications seem to be playing up. I am away from the item again at the minute, I will send you details when I am back at my office in the next couple of days. Sorry for the slight delay.

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
Hi Station240,

Sorry, I had lost track of where we were on this thread. I had it in my head that I was waiting for feedback from you, and my notifications seemed to have got switched off. I had forgotten that I had said I would come back to you.

Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom