Be aware - Most popular security suites fail miserably in basic security tests

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
so basically: do not install any antivirus :smile:
You missed that part about one program passing the test, didn't you? ;)

usually its just a case of 'Install this software which 'arranged' for this study to be done...'
Yes and no, a complete security suite is more than just something that keeps antiviruses away based on a database, thus there is no single security suite that fully protects all bases.

That's why I'm using Comodo since years. Not only out of all those programs it's absolutely free, but also when properly configured it covers the most bases, HIPS & firewall included, out of all the packages - even payed ones.

Last edited:

Matt3o

Country
Italy
Region
Florence
Spyshelter passed all tests but CLT score is not max. Comodo passed most tests (but not all) and has maximum CLT score. Apart from that Comodo basically alerts even if you sneeeze... of course it has maximum sicurity.

Also, there are so many parameters an antivirus could be tested against that I wouldn't really know which one to install honestly.

At the end for me it's the one with a decent footprint/protection ratio.

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
Comodo basically alerts even if you sneeeze...
That's the price you pay for max security in Paranoid mode on a free security suite :)
Alerts are almost non-existant (unless you install something new) and absolutely secure in Safe mode too (aside from those few tests a normal user would never encounter in everyday work unless downloading cracks...) or you can always configure it to STFU and block everything it encounters.

Top Bottom