Beware - scam

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands
Another scam I became aware of today..

Just had a call from a customer (home user with little knowledge of computers) saying that they were worried about a call they had just recieved. The caller (withheld number) who sounded Indian said he was from Microsoft error Reporting and that he had called to resolve her issue. She was asked to open up command prompt and type in various commands, one was prefetch... she got concerned about what was happening and said she did not want any help as she would call her Computer guy (me). He replied with "so after 20 minutes of trying to help you now do not want it, get lost"

Seems to be something akin to this http://www.digitaltoast.co.uk/supportonclick-systemrecure-scam

warn your friends and family, I'll let you know more of this one after visiting her later.

Gary

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Thanks for letting us know Gary, Ive spammed my contacts list already, including a direct link to this thread :D more punters eh ;) LOL!

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
When you see cr4p like this, you have to wonder what some poeple must think in their lives?

Meh & then some. :tool ....you goddam :censored: :censored: jock douche :censored:'s.

Kin

Top Bottom