SaGaiA

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Yorkshire
It is sad to to say that as part of my re-fit that I must remove this oh so amasing Monitor from my home. :cry:

I've had nothing but perfect use from this for the last 3 years but it's just too big for the re-jigging we are undertaking.

It is a Dell Branded (They are also seen branded as Silicon Image) Vanilla 21" CRT Flat Screen with Dual SVGA inputs (Switch on front to swap between, 1 VGA cable supplied)

As I say, there is nothing wrong with this other than it just will not fit in the unit I am replacing my office stuff with.

This thing is SUPER heavy so posting is not an option but I'm willing to travel a little to arrange a meet so that I dont have to take this to the local tip.

Thanks

SaGz

Attachments

• Dell.jpg
    Dell.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 1

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Re: Big Ass 21" Sony Trinitron CRT Monitor needs a new home

I had two of this exact same Dell monitors for my dual monitor Windoze setup. Excellent monitors but definitely HUGE! Good luck, I can't give away CRT monitors here :(

Heather

SaGaiA

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Yorkshire

:LOL:

CRT is so old school now but it always comes up regularly that you cant beat a CRT for First Person Shooter Games and Emulation stuff. LCD just doesnt look Retro :D

I have no doubt I'll end up having to skip it but it's a real shame, I paid a fortune for this and it's been (and still is!) a belting screen.

I'l be sorry to see it go.

Oh yea.. Whilst I remember too.. I have a 21" CRT TV for grabs too.. now this is in the same sort of league.
It's a cheapo TV and i've have this thing years.. I mean years.. Megadrive Brand new years :) but the tuner is shot, you can tune it in but it looses lock when you change channel, perfect once it's locked on though. I've never used the TV part anyway, I simply used it as a console Monitor.

The Tube is great and I still have the remote for it. Perfect true RGB Scart input and the picture gives some Amiga Monitors a run for their money. Makes any Retro Console look amazing. Stereo Speakers built in too (although the tuner is Mono! go figure)

Again, same deal.. free to a good home and I'm willing to travel and hour or so (so south thats M1 Jn 27 - Tibshelf Services ish) so it doesnt get scrapped if it doesnt have to.

I'll keep these on till Sunday Morning, I'll be happy that they'll have been seen if they are gonna be over the weekend and if someone does want either.. Sundays good for me to travel anyway.

SaGaiA

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Yorkshire

Well I gave them the best chance they could have but CRT has no place in a TFT world anymore :)

A swift sending off to to local Recycle Centre should see them well.

Thread can be closed.

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

Shame about that, I prefer CRT's anyday but have a lack of space .
Oh well thread closed

TC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom