Blizzard 1260 @ 66mhz, gets too hot, what about 60mhz ?

bundyboy123

Country
Australia
Region
Victoria
Is it possible to clock blizzard 1260 at 60mhz to get over 40 MIPS ?
I had trouble with my 060 rev.2 @ 66mhz keeping it cool in a decktop case.
I did use a heat sink 10mm high and covered most of the CPU, but I still worried about the heat it was putting out.
My MACH chips also got very hot to the point where I wasnt happy.
At 60mhz ( only 6 less ) will this make much difference to bus speeds and reduce the temps.
What about 55mhz, just to get it over the 40MIPS mark.
Why do phase 5 claim 80 MIPS with these accelerators ?

People say overclocking is between 66 and 80mhz, so 55 and 60mhz should work, shouldnt it ?

Thanks

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
overclocking claims are made by revision of cpu...80mhz would be a revision 6 and faster memory.

all cards arnt made equal.your luck will vary.

it depends what your using it for really,overclocking should serve a purpose not just a mips score.
there are other programs for benchmarking other than the one your using,youll see the real score if you use another one, sysinfo isnt all that accurate...

bundyboy123

Country
Australia
Region
Victoria
I cant see by cooling the back of the card and not the cpu can make much difference.
And what about your MACH chips increasing the bus speeds make them very hot.

harkonnem

Country
Madrid
Region
Spain
Hello, I have a 50Mhz Blizzard 1260 SCSI module and two 256 MB simm a A1200T and I would like to put a fan or liquid cooling. Anyone know of a store that sells good fans (no matter price) or liquid cooling for Amiga? Even I would have to install everything and I'm slope fan, but in Spain I find stores that have.

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
Hello, I have a 50Mhz Blizzard 1260 SCSI module and two 256 MB simm a A1200T and I would like to put a fan or liquid cooling. Anyone know of a store that sells good fans (no matter price) or liquid cooling for Amiga? Even I would have to install everything and I'm slope fan, but in Spain I find stores that have.

liquid cooling would require a custom block for the cpu and engineer a way to keep it fitted,besides you have to find a place to fit all the cooling equipment...fan,heatsink,water tank etc.
i dont think it would be possible in a desktop case.

ive thought about it a few times,but never needed it.and i use a tower.

- - - Updated - - -

For 66MHz and higher - yes.

What should be the standard running temperature of a Rev6 at 50Mhz ?

less than 25-30 degrees celcius,somewhere around room temperature.

but then again,its a smaller die.

Last edited:

harkonnem

Country
Madrid
Region
Spain
Please, someone tell me where to get fans for my Blizzard 1260. O60 not find in any store in Spain ... Thanks.

Top Bottom