AlessandroBilbao

Blogger
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
Italia
Region
Imperia
I have a DCE BlizzardPPC with an updated PPC at 300mhz (and stock socketed 060) that work perfect. i like to experiment with SCSI bu my card have not the controller… so i have two path to follow:

1)Sell mine and buy one with scsi.

2)Swap mine with very powerful PPC for one with scsi and slower ppc. Wa can talk about money if needed…

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
220   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
The thread prefix states For Sale

You need to add a price or change it to Swap

Buzzfuzz

Amiga tweaker
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Country
Netherlands
Region
Zuid Holland
I have a DCE BlizzardPPC with an updated PPC at 300mhz (and stock socketed 060) that work perfect. i like to experiment with SCSI bu my card have not the controller… so i have two path to follow:

1)Sell mine and buy one with scsi.

2)Swap mine with very powerful PPC for one with scsi and slower ppc. Wa can talk about money if needed…
Or the 3rd option, just update the card with SCSI NCR 53C710 and mini DB50 header, flash ROM on it and it should be good to go

AlessandroBilbao

Blogger
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
Italia
Region
Imperia
Or the 3rd option, just update the card with SCSI NCR 53C710 and mini DB50 header, flash ROM on it and it should be good to go
I thought about it... but I also thought that I don't care about a 300MHz CPU. Surely there are some users who need a faster CPU and don't need SCSI. It seems counterintuitive but I own the BlizzardPPC because it is a historically fantastic card, I use it maybe 5 times a year, and then I became passionate about the history of Phase5 and I like owning their products. In my opinion, Phase5 was an Apple before its time, its cards are always at the top in terms of functionality and are also wonderful to look at, the geometric arrangement of the components is admirable.

Boing-ball

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
Are you sure that’s possible? I asked Stachu100 that question a couple of years back. He told me it wasn’t possible….

Boing-ball

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
I thought about it... but I also thought that I don't care about a 300MHz CPU. Surely there are some users who need a faster CPU and don't need SCSI. It seems counterintuitive but I own the BlizzardPPC because it is a historically fantastic card, I use it maybe 5 times a year, and then I became passionate about the history of Phase5 and I like owning their products. In my opinion, Phase5 was an Apple before its time, its cards are always at the top in terms of functionality and are also wonderful to look at, the geometric arrangement of the components is admirable.
It’s dependent on what you want to use the PPC chip for. It’s ideal to have a faster PPC to run AmigaOS 4 to 4.1FE. I have 2 of these cards with SCSI and 1 without. All are upgraded to 330Mhz PPC. I prefer the SCSI versions for the DMA scsi option.

Interest Queue

Top Bottom