Brand-new colored keycaps for your Commodore C64 / VIC20 /C16 & CBM

BukoCharly

Country
Austria
Region
Tyrol
Please check out my Indiegogo.com - campaign:

http://igg.me/at/Keycaps4Commodore

The unique opportunity to order brand new, 100% factory-made in Austria keycaps for the Commodore C64 in a variety of colours. Keycaps fit virtually all C64 versions (except the C64SX), but also most VC20 / C16 and some Commodore CBM!

Last edited:

mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
interesting , I've just ordered 2 cases on kickstarter

thecollector

Country
UK
Region
South Gloucestershire
Wonderful news:D, now we can have the right coloured keys for the new cases! Happy to support this, and just did!

iainjh

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
England-Shire, UK
Region
High Wycombe,UK
Hi, a question re the new keys NOT yellowing in time (like the keys we want to replace..) sure you've seen the retrobrite thread and chemistry on here and other places re bromides fire retardants (?) etc etc and UV light. will your new keys use modern plastics that wont fade or different chemistry or will they too, in time, yellow/discolor?

tia !:)

BukoCharly

Country
Austria
Region
Tyrol
Hi, a question re the new keys NOT yellowing in time (like the keys we want to replace..) sure you've seen the retrobrite thread and chemistry on here and other places re bromides fire retardants (?) etc etc and UV light. will your new keys use modern plastics that wont fade or different chemistry or will they too, in time, yellow/discolor?

tia !:)

Hi, dont worry about yellowing. One reason why I decide to produce in Austria is that I can monitor every single step of the production process, the factory is only 30 minutes away. This cost some extra money, but you can be 100 % sure that we will use only use high quality basic materials. So there will never be a problem about yellowing under normal conditions. If you use your C64 often on the beach then you will maybe have a problem, but... :D

Last edited:

plazma

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu
How are the letters/numbers/symbols printed on the keys? Old style or new style (all on top) printing?

BukoCharly

Country
Austria
Region
Tyrol
How are the letters/numbers/symbols printed on the keys? Old style or new style (all on top) printing?

New style - all on top. Same reason why Commodore changed - the classic print is too expensive. And nearly unpayable for a small project like ours.

iainjh

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
England-Shire, UK
Region
High Wycombe,UK
Hi!

sorry, being dense, but I thought it was specifically the bromine/ uv damage causing the yellowing after 10/20 years not where its made or how closely the manufactiring is monitored :) CBM might have made keys in a pretty big factory but they still went yuk.

Wiondered if there were more modern plastics nowadays that would avoid the situation! perhaps you could confirm if they will be bromine/fire retardant treated? I know I'm asking after I've funded, so all good on that front but this will be a hot topic for many so it could be a good time to confirm.. after all thats why we are replacing the keycaps and cases :)

thanks again for organising all this!

regards Iain

Last edited:

MC1173

Country
USA
Region
New York
I thought it over for a day, and decided to sponser it also.

Think these might look good on the new cases. :)

edd_jedi

Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
sorry, being dense, but I thought it was specifically the bromine/ uv damage causing the yellowing after 10/20 years not where its made or how closely the manufactiring is monitored :) CBM might have made keys in a pretty big factory but they still went yuk.

Wiondered if there were more modern plastics nowadays that would avoid the situation! perhaps you could confirm if they will be bromine/fire retardant treated? I know I'm asking after I've funded, so all good on that front but this will be a hot topic for many so it could be a good time to confirm.. after all thats why we are replacing the keycaps and cases :)

Well it took the original keys 15-20 years to go yellow, so I'm sure by the time 2030 comes around somebody else will be doing a new set of keys, if you still care about C64's by then. In all seriousness if you're after a guarantee that the plastic will not degrade over many years, nobody will offer you that.

iainjh

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
England-Shire, UK
Region
High Wycombe,UK
Very true! I have no idea how long it takes plastics to go yellow tbh. if By 2030 puts a better perspective on it :) OP - please ignore, thats been answered !

plazma

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu
I bet you can get specifications for the plastics. It should say if there is any additives or flame retardants.

TGE

Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen
Backed for two sets, some extra funky orange function keys, some words and shipment... excited to see end results... , Good Luck!

iainjh

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
England-Shire, UK
Region
High Wycombe,UK
too good to miss. ordered another set and another for a mate ;) fingers crossed it makes the target!

Top Bottom