broken 060

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
right, got my Ferrari amiga up and running, no accellerator and it's fine, install the accellerator and crashville. Now there is a doobery on my card in the centre that's square and says

all the other cards i've seen have a round doobery that says

16V
10A

can you see the difference between these cards? the thingy right in the centre of the back of the cpu socket

could this be my problem? and i also need a new occilythingy (I snapped a leg off mine :oops: )

see piccies attched for the doobery

JuvUK

Last edited:

Nathanieltolbert

Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
Re: broken 060

Isn't the thing on the card that is correct a form of capacitor? I don't know enough about electronics to say anything definitive. Is the thing on your card a capacitor? It looks more like a resistor? (I don't know if that's what it's called, sorry don't know electronics.)

Nathan

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Hi Juzzer.

When you say "Crashville" are you talking from turning on & not even getting to the desktop??

An Amiga gives you lots of indications on startup as to what could be going wrong.

More info on the crashville statement please! - Don't worry about the doofer for now! :wink:

Charlie

masheen

Country
Sweden
Region
Uppsala

Well I don't think that the differences in board design is the problem (check BBoAH for a picture of an Apollo 1260 which looks like yours)

You mentioned the oscillator had a broken leg so that's far more likely the problem.

/masheen

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

crashville = startup, reset, red guru, reset, red guru, reset, red guru. all the resets happen automatically.

the BBOAH picture is the top one which looks nothing like mine. round one on the proper one, mine is the rectangular one, i'm pretty sure the values are different, also bear in mind this has never been stable

Cheers, JuvUK

masheen

Country
Sweden
Region
Uppsala

Well if you look at more of the pics on BBoAH you'll find one which looks like yours although it's a 75Mhz model.

Linky

/masheen

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

indeed it does! thanks for the link, i thought maybe mine had been repaired at some point but maybe not.
I know the broken leg on the occilator isn't helping but it was crashing and resetting before i did that :(

cheers, JuvUK

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

masheen is right saying the board design difference wouldn't make any difference to correct functionality.

The Red Screen Guru from cold boot is obviously suggesting something is not at all right. The broken leg on the X-Tal will not help in the slightest. The CPU is not getting any Speed Control for starters, but there has to be some functionality in order to even see the Guru. :?

Dare I suggest Zertr0 might be able to diagnose the problem!

Failing that, Anthony Hoffman could be the man! :wink:

Kin

*edit* as a matter of interest, what numbers show on the Guru Screen & are they the same everytime?

Top Bottom