Broken mouse port pin

gavilan

Amiga user & abuser since 1988
AmiBayer
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires
As i was cleaning the modded A1200 mobo (the one with the ATX hack), suddenly i dont know how, i broke pin number 5 of the mouse port.

According to this page, that pin is for buttom 3(M) (medium?) on the mouse/joystick http://www.allpinouts.org/index.php/Amiga_Mouse/Joystick

So, basically, have i done some serious damage to the mouse port? Will i be able to still use the mouse/ joystick normally (since buttom 1 and 2 pins are still in place) or that pin 5 is required for something else?? :(

Cant believe the bad luck im having with this....still trying to find the other joy/mouse port that comes separated from main mobo...im not technically skilled so i cant just replace it using any old pc serial com port, dont have the tools and knowledge....cant make that mobo functional 100%....

Is it possible to sold it back again? How difficult it is?

Thanks
Sebastian

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
Are you in need of a mouse port with the ribbon and connector on it my friend?

It's yours, PM me your details!

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1

gavilan

AmiBayer
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires
Are you in need of a mouse port with the ribbon and connector on it my friend? If so I might have a spare one here

Hi there!! Exactly!!! I need that to "complete" the mobo and have it 100% complete...but...alas...just broke the other mouse/joy port pin number 5....and i really need to know if its really necessary to be able to use that port at 100% or if that pin wont affect the everydau usage...and if its possible to soled and how...

but yes....the mouse port with the ribbon and connect would be awesome if you have it :bowdown:.

My mother is just like this one http://www.amiga-hardware.com/download_photos/lyra_4_big.jpg It has the pins to connect the mouse port, but its "separated" from the mobo.. and i dont have that separated mouse port

Please PM if you can help me with this my friend. Will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks once again
Sebastian

Tomse

RISK is good
AmiBayer
Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen
you said you broke the other port aswell ?

to your question though, no it doesn't seem like you need it, if you have regular mouse or digital joysticks, then there should be no problems.

gavilan

AmiBayer
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires
you said you broke the other port aswell ?

to your question though, no it doesn't seem like you need it, if you have regular mouse or digital joysticks, then there should be no problems.

I have been in bed for the last 5 days. I was so so bored (the Football World Cup is so so boring at this time), that i decided to "clean" and try to begin again my A1200 Tower Project.

By totally accident, while cleaning the ports, i broke pin number 5 in the joy/mouse port. Thats why i was wondering what real damage i made to the machine, if that pin is really needed for anything (according to the link i pasted, it doesnt "harm" anything, but wanted to be 100% sure.

I cant test that famous "hacked with ATX PSU" A1200 mobo yet.
Im having terrible headaches most of the time, cant stand in front of a monitor/tv much time, and cant be focused in testing some of this stuff cos i feel dizzy most of the time....

I use Amiga "normal" mouses and any Atari compatible joystick, if that counts to give you any more info about your answer.

so if only button 3 is affected, as per the link says...then im on the safe side?

Tomse

RISK is good
AmiBayer
Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen
doesn't sound that you should do alot of work at all :-(

most joysticks for the amiga are digital, so you should be fine.

when you get better, take some pictures of the damage done, then we can see if any of us can help you fix it again that is, if you have a solder iron and are used to work with a such :)

many here are able to help you in the right direction ;-)

cosmicfrog

The 1 That Ribbits
Country
UK
Region
Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands
my sympathies gavilan, i spent all thursday in bed and still have my a4000 to finish but the ram has help there so thanks again

now it seems you are lucky with the pin/s you have broken but we won`t know for sure til you have tested it

and wow what are the chances of breaking the same pin on both ports thats just awesome now no more bad luck for the nxt 12 months at least

Top Bottom