sweetlilmre

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Country
South Africa
Region
KwaZulu / Natal
Hi,

I am trying to debug and extend the Tapuino to add support for C16 and Plus/4 machines.
Unfortunately the code/test loop is very inefficient as I don't have a machine to test with and am having to rely on (a very kind and helpful) tester in Italy.

To speed this up somewhat I'm looking to source a C16 or Plus/4 machine with PSU, and possibly tape drive.
Also a Datasette adapter (to standard C64 Datasette) and joystick adapter(s) would be useful.
I'm looking for as cheap as possible (functioning, not pristine) as I am funding this myself and will probably have killer postage costs (South Africa).
As I know next to nothing about these machines, if it is possible to use a C64 PSU (or make my own) then this could reduce postage significantly :)

-(e)

Bryce

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Nordrhein Westfalen
The plus4 came with two different power socket versions. One is C64 compatible, but the other one is square and obviously not C64 PSU compatible. It looks like a 4 pin Amiga power socket but also not compatible. Luckily, if you can solder, you can remove the square socket and replace it with a C64 compatible socket, the PCB footprint is identical.
The C16 has one of those standard barrel type power sockets. It takes 9.5V DC as far as I can remember.

Bryce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom