Not open for further replies.

jimbob005

AmiBayer
Country
swadlincote,uk
Region
swadlincote
hi there wondering if any one can help me

iv got an c64 with disk drive and want some game can i just get an 5 1/4 drive for my pc and download and put them on to disk and they work or do i have to do something like the amiga with adf's??

thanks james

meega

Elite ranking
Country
UK
Region
Re: c64 help needed

I can't lay claim to any deep knowledge here, but I would think there is something filesystem/software-related that would have to be sorted out.

Here is the address to Lemon64 :)

sarek2k

Country
Morecambe, UK
Region
Lancashire

@Jimbob005

is several ways to get c64 games from pc images (emulation etc), to either a c64 disk/drive or via flash cards etc. most old 8/16 bit computers have a method of installing some kind of cf/ide card adaptor such as the ones many amigans use.

you can even put a real hard drive on your c64 and you can even load up c64 games on a c64 via a pc with a link cable.

Heres a good start link

http://www.ide64.org/

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

The best and easiest solution is to buy an interface card for your PC called the Catweasel controller. This allows you to connect a real Commodore disk drive to the PC and transfer files between Windows and the drive.

These controllers are not however cheap as they are for sale for about £75, but this is because they do much more. They can interface a lot of different disk drive formats with a PC, including Amiga, ST, Archimedes, C64, Vic20, MSX etc... but the card can also be used to run real Atari connector style joysticks (as used on the C64, Amiga and many others) and it can also use a real SID chip for SID chip tune playback on the PC.

If you would like to see more about the Catweasel controller then the Mark 4 version is the latest PCI version still in production. It is made by Individual conputers. A Wiki page explaining the cards can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CatWeasel and Amigakit.com sells them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom