chrisyboy

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Atlantic
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a set of metal keyboard supports to transplant a long board (original bread-bin) C64 motherboard into my C64C case. Sadly my PSU blew and the only spare motherboard I can find is the older type.

This website shows how at least the leftmost support is quite different: https://ilesj.wordpress.com/2010/07/01/how-to-identify-c64-and-sid-model/

Would anyone have a set they could throw in the post to Canada for a price?

Thanks!

Chris...

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Country
england
Region
birmingham
i dont understand this...

if it helps any,the psu from all c64 models work on other c64's no matter what motherboard you have.

iainjh

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Country
England-Shire, UK
Region
High Wycombe,UK
c64 psu's, when they blow, tend to blow the c64 motherboard also. So OP says he wants to do a transplant but needs the missing supports?

thats how I followed the post. and the pic.

after all that, if so, sorry i cant help good luck with search!

chrisyboy

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Atlantic
Yeah, iainjh is 100% correct - I need the metal keyboard supports from a long-board model C64. That's it. This is what I need:

I need.jpg

Anyone with a smashed case or upgrading the other way might have the needed part spare. :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

iainjh

AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Country
England-Shire, UK
Region
High Wycombe,UK
Hi did you find? Or what did you use instead? I now have a c64 long board, for a c64c case , same issue :(

chrisyboy

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Atlantic
Hi Ian!

This thread can be closed, because I modified the short board ones to work!!

I did the following:

1. Removed the bridge rectifier on the right side of the board and soldered it back flush to the board (it sticks up too much sometimes)

2. Took pliers to the left side keyboard mount and removed every piece of metal except the one at the very far side. It now screws to the keyboard and supports the keyboard without affixing to the case.

3. Got the right side mount and bent one of the tabs out the way till it snapped off, now it clears the large capacitor under it and it screws to the case.

4. So, all in all the left side mount is floating but solid and the right side one is supported by a screw to the motherboard. The whole setup is very solid and you can type away on it perfectly. Let me know if you need some pics to help you along.

Hope this helps!

Chris...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom