C64 VGA

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
Hey guys

I am getting my C64 on Tuesday the Light Fantastic version, I wondered if there was any device to get this machine to display on a VGA monitor that I have on my miggy. I wanted to just fit a switcher box between the two but can find no info for C64 to VGA. Would it need a scan doubler flicker fixer like the miggy?

Cheers

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hi Jimbo,

You would need a device like a VGA Box that converts Composite or S-Video to VGA. You would also need a Composite or S-Video cable for your C64. You can find them all day long on eBay. :)

Good luck,

Heather

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
Hi Jimbo,

You would need a device like a VGA Box that converts Composite or S-Video to VGA. You would also need a Composite or S-Video cable for your C64. You can find them all day long on eBay. :)

Good luck,

Heather

Hi

Thanks very much for the info, seems it's going to be easy then for a change. Is there any chance someone could link a picture of one of these VGA boxes? Just so I know roughly what these devices look like.

Thanks again

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Here's one I bought from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Multi-Input-P...LLUW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287949685&sr=8-1

21fjEu-ShHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

There are many different types. Just type VGA Box into your favorite web store and you'll probably find a bunch. The one above does not have S-Video.

Heather

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
Or you just could put on top a composyte lcd :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Newest-Car-7-...572457572&po=&ps=63&clkid=4733933298765793217

There are also known svideo hacks for white units. I must admit, I use mostly the RF on my SONY CRT Television

That is another cool little idea. But I like screens a tad bigger. Which is why I want this to run on same LCD as the miggy from my sig.

No idea how it will look on my screen size though. I already have the cable (well paid for anyway). Just need the little box and I will be away.

:D

Top Bottom