Can anyone explain this slowdown?

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
I recently put an 030 back in my A4000 as my CS060 is having some issues. Anyway I decided to have a game of Wendetta 2175 the other night and it was playing fine until I got to this level (4 or 5 I think), the same problem occurred on the last level too.

Usually I have to restart with no boot sequence to play this game but this time I tried loading it from WB and it was playing fine. Could a shortage of free chip memory at startup have caused this or could things be more serious?

Last edited:

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
Bumping this in the hope of someone knowing what the problem is. My 060 is back in my A4000 and this still happens on this level (it's fine until here), I didn't keep going this time though so don't know if the final level was affected as well.

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Hi, what gfx card you have installed in your A4000?

Last edited:

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Hm, as far as I know this is an AGA only game (also running on Amiga CD32), so gfx card is irrelevant. Obviously the game must be run without any slowdowns even on an Amiga with a 020 CPU, as it's CD32 compatible, and CD32 came with 020 CPU. So the problem might be the Chip RAM. If you run the game without booting start-up sequence from the early menu, do you have the same slowdown in the specific level?

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
Hm, as far as I know this is an AGA only game (also running on Amiga CD32), so gfx card is irrelevant. Obviously the game must be run without any slowdowns even on an Amiga with a 020 CPU, as it's CD32 compatible, and CD32 came with 020 CPU. So the problem might be the Chip RAM. If you run the game without booting start-up sequence from the early menu, do you have the same slowdown in the specific level?
I am running it without startup sequence this time. The game works fine on my Apollo 060 A1200 and it used to work fine on my old A1200 030, this is the only machine it's got a problem on. Hickey recapped it and I assume he would of checked out the ram when he looked it all over (he repaired one of the simm slots on the board as well), the only thing I can see is different from my A1200 060 is the 060 library being Phase 5's. Could running setpatch do anything to affect things?

Last edited:

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
maybe its having trouble reading from from the cd

Top Bottom