Can anyone help me setup Amiexpress?

Ioncannon

Country
Canada
Trying to setup Amiexpress, but I am not sure how. Had a disk from EAB's file zone but it wouldn't respond to any button presses, and found another that kept looking for a volume BBS. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
I used to setup every bbs software under the sun back in the day including this one... but sorry I wouldn't even know where to begin...

I doubt any of my bbs archives have survived either to refer too...

Sorry I can't help but just relating that I went through exactly all that kind of stuff long ago...

as for looking for volume BBS either relabel the disk you have to BBS OR cd to the root directory of the software directory and type assign BBS: "" which assigns the logical device name of BBS to any directory you happen to be in etc...

try examining the root directory files with cygnused? anything that looks like a config file, even with the BBS assignment the paths might be completely illogical ;-)

HonestFlames

Country
England
Region
Shropshire
What file did you get from the Zone? Was it AmiExpress V4.20?

I've got a couple of archives of AmiExpress here and, barring setting up an actual modem, it appears to run fine - with one or two caveats.

What previous experience have you with BBS software, in general?

Top Bottom