Can Delfina Flipper be connected to 26 pin expansion port on Catweasel Z-II or clockport on deneb?

TheRogue

Hey Hey! Ho Ho! 100110!
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Vancouver, British Columbia
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if the drivers for the delfina flipper support it being connected to the local expansion port of the catweasel Z-II. I know the port was originally meant for the HyperCom but I know the delfina flipper has this interface too so I'm wondering if it's possible to connect the two in this manner. If not, can it be connected to the clockport on the Deneb or the KickFlash OS4?

Nathanieltolbert

Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
As far as my understanding of the Delfina Flipper is that if the device has a clock port, you can attach through it. I don't know if this holds true for all Delfina flipper sound cards but I think it states on the individual website that you can connect through the 26 pin expansion slot that is on all of their cards. The exact quote is this : [FONT=Arial, Geneva]"This module has two interfaces to the computer: One clock-port for the A1200, and a 26-pin expansion port that is available on all our Zorro-cards. With these interfaces, the module is ready to be used with nearly every classic Amiga!" So if you have that expansion port on your card, you are good to go.
[/FONT]

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
It will work on the deneb and kickflash, but the cw interfae is custom and not a clock port

TheRogue

Hey Hey! Ho Ho! 100110!
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
I know the CW interface is custom and not a clockport, but the delfina possesses this interface and says that it can be connected to any device possessing this interface, however I've also seen mentioned that it would require some sort of modified driver, so I was curious if such a driver was available or required.

mfilos

Extr3m3ly l33t
Country
Greece
Region
Glyfada/Athens
I used to have an A4000D with Deneb, Xsurf, Deflina and other hardware. Never managed to make Delfina work on 26pin custom interface that both existed in Delfina and Xsurf. Clockport connection from Deneb will work just fine AFAIK though mate

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
I should have been more explicit in my answer, from my delfina flipper manual :)

Currently, the software doesn't support the 26-pin connector of the Delfina. Please consult the online manual as soon as the new software is available - it will contain pictures that show the propper connection. Special care must be taken with this cable, as it also carries 12V power, which could easily harm the Delfina if it's not connected properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRogue

Hey Hey! Ho Ho! 100110!
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Ok thanks for the clarification guys! I have clockports aplenty, but I was just hoping to use that custom interface and keep a clockport free, alas it was not to be! Anyway, thanks again!

Top Bottom