Can there be such as thing as a Head Chief?

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
This discussion about the Chiefyness of a Chief and the debate as to the existence of Head Chiefs as opposed to normal Chiefs started here:-

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=4392&highlight=chiefyness&page=3

Now, I must admit I'm not 100% on the subject of Chieftry-dom-ship-thingy-ness, but my Dad was in the Army and I never came across a Head Chief when I was growing up around the squaddies.

Can any of you quote a Western movie in which the Cherokee, Apache and other American Indian tribes had to defer for advice from a Supreme Chief Indian?

So, should Master Chief (I think that's a naval rank, actually) from Halo be worried that a Master Head Chief, or even a Head Master Chief is about to turn up and spoil his day?

Is JuvUK discussing out of his bottom on the topic of Head Chiefyness, and can he lay legitimate claim to the title of Head Chief, one that is more utterly Chiefy than Kin Hell's apparently normal Chiefyness?

/Discuss.......:whistle:

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
My University has a "Senior Deputy Vice Chancellor" -- I guess if that's valid, anything is!

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
when the Indian tribes joined forces the chiefs all met up to discuss things, they elected one chief to a leader of the chiefs, therefore making him the head chief :p

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
when the Indian tribes joined forces the chiefs all met up to discuss things, they elected one chief to a leader of the chiefs, therefore making him the head chief :p

Erm, doesn't that just make him the temporary Executive Chief, or just the Chairman for that meeting....??

I don't think Native American Indian tribes operated like the British Civil Service, did it....:blink:

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
/Merlin is tempted to edit JuvUK's signature to

"Executive Supreme Commander-in-Chief, Vice-Admiral, First Sea Lord Head Chief"

:LOL:

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
/Merlin is tempted to edit JuvUK's signature to

"Executive Supreme Commander-in-Chief, Vice-Admiral, First Sea Lord Head Chief"

no sea lord or admiral stuff please, i'm ex-raf, never had anything to do with sailors thankyou very much!!!!!

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Surely a head chief would be an Emperor?

02emperor350.jpg

We do also have Chief Techs in the RAF, but as you know Juvvy a Flight Trumps a Chief. :p

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
A Flight of Penguins? Aren't they a school, or is it a gaggle?

quarkx

insane in the main frame
AmiBayer
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
I thought this was the "Master Chief"

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Yup, spot on, quarkx; he's not the Master Head Chief, is he?

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Wrong!

Master Chief is a US Naval rank (Master Chief Petty Officer) and his boss is the Warrant Officer. Just to confuse things, the nearest rank in the USAF is Chief Master Sergeant which is equivalent to Warrant Officer in the US Navy.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
how can i be wrong about a fictional character in a fictional universe? who told you the command structure of a system that doesn't exist? where sir, is your proof?

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
LMFAO @ reading this thread. :ROTFLOL2:

You are all talking utter :bs: about the biggest problem in the World!

There are aways too many Chiefs (or wannabe chiefs) & not enough Indians.

Nuff said. :nod:

Charlie

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
how can i be wrong about a fictional character in a fictional universe? who told you the command structure of a system that doesn't exist? where sir, is your proof?

Gordon Bennett!! Do I have to do everything around here? This was from 1 minute's Googling:-

linkie

Master Chief is probably a Marine and would be a Naval rank - simple.

What I really want to know is this; with all of these Head Chiefs around, where the :censored: are the Indians.....????

:rofl3

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
PROBABLY a marine, as in it's a guess and no-one knows for certain, you also don't know if there is or is not a HEAD master chief, so ner-ner-ner-ner :p

Top Bottom