Captain Crazy is calling all Retro Collectors!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jameson

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
I was looking on Gumtree for a couple of cheap Master System IIs when I cam across the following sale:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cobu...r-system-ii-with-sega-light-phaser/1081181981

After I picked my jaw back up off the floor (I really should vacuum) I thought, "Hang on. NO ONE currently breathing on this planet could be THAT stupid. Obviously I am missing something. Perhaps this was the Master System Elvis played on whilst hiding away pretending to be dead."

So, I contacted the fellow and asked him why his item was worth roughly 50 times more than the average unboxed Master System II with a couple of VERY COMMON games.

His answer was, and I quote :
"You cannot get this bundle including manuals in working condition anywhere else nothing lasts for over 20 years that works!!

!If you were a collector you would know it is worth is you obviously are not and I clearly stated collectors only!!!READ the advertisement no nut jobs or time wasters!!!"

So there you have it folks! A SUPER.... no, UBER rare Master System II, the holy grail of retro collecting, just waiting for the right "collector" to snatch it up...... but no nut jobs, okiez? :)

I swear, the government must be experimenting with the water supply in some areas....

Last edited:

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
well he's not much of a collector...

"Very good condition Sega Master System II console"

since 'very good' is 4.0 on the 10 point grading scale....and as a result not worth a lot...

Jameson

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
Yes, but that begs the question.... what is a MINT CONDITION Master System in box worth? Surely no more than *****?

Last edited by a moderator:

SaviorX

VCCUG
Banned
Country
Canada
Region
Calgary, Alberta
boxed or NOS? :p

there are of course MANY factor which determine 'value', but i'd say that 'because i say so' is not really one of them...

besides...i think we all know he isn't going to get a single interested buyer, but has already gotten...judging by his ad...many people telling him he is out to lunch...

Last edited:

Jameson

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
:) "Out to lunch" is such a gentle term.... I prefer "Completely barking banana's". :)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
As this thread is referencing prices it could lead to price discussions which is against site rules. I am therefore closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom