the scallyman

Lamebrain
AmiBayer
Country
Newark
Region
Nottinghamshire UK
Happy Easter all
:help: I have installed AMICDFS240 from a previous thread but in order to get the CD working I have to alter the CD rom mount entry........the device name and the unit number (this is where im a bit of a Lamer):nuts: ....where can i find this
thanks
The scallyman

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Just open ED and edit the CD0 archive (it is normally inside the DEVS/DOSDRIVERS drawer).

The archive is the mountlist, just edit the unit= value to reflect the real one on the CD unit.

You didn't say which Amiga or which kind of CD you are using for this (IDE or SCSI), nor the Workbench version.

the scallyman

Lamebrain
AmiBayer
Country
Newark
Region
Nottinghamshire UK
Just open ED and edit the CD0 archive (it is normally inside the DEVS/DOSDRIVERS drawer).

The archive is the mountlist, just edit the unit= value to reflect the real one on the CD unit.

You didn't say which Amiga or which kind of CD you are using for this (IDE or SCSI), nor the Workbench version.
It is a towerised 1200 using WB 3.1 it is a ide device and i have no idea where the unit number is on the cd player i cannot see anything at all
scally

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
Just change the number on the end of the line that reads "Unit ="

Start at 0, save the file and reboot. If it doesn't work then repeat wit the next number in sequence - eventually you will find the right number (usually 2 or 3)

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
IDE devices only have two options: master or slave.

Since normally the HD is the master, set the CD drive to slave and then edit the CD0 archive to "unit = 1".

the scallyman

Lamebrain
AmiBayer
Country
Newark
Region
Nottinghamshire UK
IDE devices only have two options: master or slave.

Since normally the HD is the master, set the CD drive to slave and then edit the CD0 archive to "unit = 1".

Yes thanks i know i can edit the cd file till i eventually get it right but what i cant do is the device type and is there any other proggies that support like atapi device or scsi device or ide device that i need somewhere else
scally

the scallyman

Lamebrain
AmiBayer
Country
Newark
Region
Nottinghamshire UK

Start at 0, save the file and reboot. If it doesn't work then repeat wit the next number in sequence - eventually you will find the right number (usually 2 or 3)

Many Thanks Guys in the end i used Idefix 97 and its already in use once again many thanks
The Scallyman:bowdown:

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

Many Thanks Guys in the end i used Idefix 97 and its already in use once again many thanks
The Scallyman:bowdown:

Top Bottom