CD Writing software

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
The situation is I have an old mp3 cd player in my car from 2006. I used to burn cd's out using nero, it used to have a menu where you could select the iso level and some other settings and I would always select iso level 2 and relaxed filename lengths (this was also good for Amiga cd's). Since the last time I burned one out, I got a new DVD writer and the old version of nero wouldn't work with it so I got the latest version instead. However that menu is gone and I can't see those options in any menu's, when I burn a CD now it's fine on the PC but when it goes in my car stereo I a disk error after it does it's best to read it for a little while.

I can only assume it's something to do with the file system nero is using so hat other software will have these options I need?

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Why doesn't the old version work with your new drive? I use Nero 7 or imgburn and neither has ever not worked with any drive

supaduper

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
west midlands
have you set the option when burning to` no multisession` or `finalize` ? only I found that using multisession ( this allows you to add more files to the disk, I.E keeps it open) that it will be ok on the drive that burned it but another drive will not run it.

I will imagine the old nero menu is there somewhere its just well hidden.

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
I've found the menu it was me being stupid :) It was selecting CD Rom UDF (whatever that is) as the project instead of CD Rom ISO, I will try again using that.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I'm also still using Nero 7 Ultra as I really don't like all the additional baggage which gets installed with newer versions. 7 still works perfectly, even on my Optiarc BD-RW drive.

Top Bottom