Region
Madrid
Today I opened and unpacked my cd32.
It works perfect.

I have a lot -non original- games in CDs and some don't works. :Doh:
Other games load very very slowly.

The cd unit works perfect with the original Oscar-Diggers CD.:D

I think the problem is in my CDs.
What is the best CD brand for use with the CD32?

Now I'm burning the 888 game compilation :D

TorajaBoy

Country
Belgium
Region
Liège
Today I opened and unpacked my cd32.
It works perfect.

I have a lot -non original- games in CDs and some don't works. :Doh:
Other games load very very slowly.

The cd unit works perfect with the original Oscar-Diggers CD.:D

I think the problem is in my CDs.
What is the best CD brand for use with the CD32?

Now I'm burning the 888 game compilation :D

Hello Jesusmdc,

Yep of course the unit works perfect it's new after 17 years old!

About your CD problem, I can't help you because I have only original CD32 Games. Be aware also that if you burn these CD32 Torrent compilation. A lot of games are coming from ECS Amiga or A1200 AGA and some of these games will require a keyboard! So you have two solutions. Find an extension like SX32 or SX1 and there is some kind of keyboard interface to use a keyboard on a CD32 unit. I have seen this interface but I don't know where to get it and at which price!

Apparently some CD32 are more sensible about the Media brand, I don't know if it's coming from the motherboard REV or CD lense?
Heu... I'm pretty sure that this Forum is not the most appropriate place to speak about that kind of CD Brand stuff. :unsure:

Like you said an original CD32 game works like a charm!

Anyway enjoy your new girl friend but don't forget to take some time to give an evaluation!

-=*ToRaJaBoY*=-

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
For non-original CD32 ISOs you have to burn them with very slow write-speeds to be able to work in your CD32 (x4 or x8 ).

agnes1975x

AmiBayer
Country
Spain
Region
Madrid
@Torajaboy

Heu... I'm pretty sure that this Forum is not the most appropriate place to speak about that kind of CD Brand stuff. :unsure:

-=*ToRaJaBoY*=-

This is a CD32 thread, I'm a CD32 customer and I think I have (or not) an issue with the CD32. If this is not the place for questions about possible issues, please, let me know where.

hi my friend! I'm not saying that my cd32 is faulty! I'm happy with it.

I just want to know if my problem is in the media or in the lens.

For example, compilation 222 takes 4 minutes to load the main menu. Is this normal?
I'm using a memorex cd, I'll try tomorrow with a verbatim and other brands.

sorry for asking.:shhh: :roll:

@Phantom
For non-original CD32 ISOs you have to burn them with very slow write-speeds to be able to work in your CD32 (x4 or x8 ).

Thank you Phantom, I'll try it now!

TorajaBoy

Country
Belgium
Region
Liège
@Torajaboy

-=*ToRaJaBoY*=-
This is a CD32 thread, I'm a CD32 customer and I think I have (or not) an issue with the CD32. If this is not the place for questions about possible issues, please, let me know where.

hi my friend! I'm not saying that my cd32 is faulty! I'm happy with it.

I just want to know if my problem is in the media or in the lens.

For example, compilation 222 takes 4 minutes to load the main menu. Is this normal?
I'm using a memorex cd, I'll try tomorrow with a verbatim and other brands.

sorry for asking.:shhh: :roll:

@Phantom

Thank you Phantom, I'll try it now!

Jesus,

I know that your CD32 is not faulty because I've tested it and you admited yourself that it's working nice with the Original CD32 Game.

> I just want to know if my problem is in the media or in the lens.

If you had a defective Lens, your Original Game will be affected also so it's coming from your Burned CD32 game.

Like I told I only have original CD32 Games, I never burned a CD32 game but I tried compilation burned by Mez at the RGC2010 (Retro Gaming Connection the Biggest Retro Gaming convention in France) and I encounter the same problem as you get!

I always tried to offer the best service for my customer, if I can make some body happy, or please him by a favor, I try my Best!

It's not because I sold 24 CD32 that I'm a CD32 Guru!

I can't giving you an answer if I don't know it...

There is some users that are more aware about how to do it, what CD Brand, wich burning program, what writting speed and how to add audio tracks to game.

Maybe you should try AmiOracle section on this Forum or contact more cleaver user by MP. Google is your friend too.

This is a sale thread and I would like that it remains like that.

Hope you can understand! Just Cool down, I just made a simple observation to you... like I told you it's not that I don't want to answer you but I just don't know the answer. ;)

Regards

-=*ToRaJaBoY*=-

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
When you burn on a Pee Cee, be sure you close the session/finalise the disc.
Also, your CDFileSystem on the Amiga could be letting you down & therefore can't read the disc. I'm sure there are some better channels of help from some of our other members on this one though. ;)

Kin

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
If you are restoring TOSEC backups this is how I do it and it works perfect:

Use nero burning rom on xp
Open the cue file, Burn it on Fujifilm Any speed works here.

No problem at all I bought the fujifilm for 13 eu for 50 in a supermarket colruyt. I started with 4x but ended up burning at max no problem

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Maybe it is better that an admin moves this out of this already huge thread.

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TorajaBoy

Country
Belgium
Region
Liège
Also, your CDFileSystem on the Amiga could be letting you down & therefore can't read the disc. I'm sure there are some better channels of help from some of our other members on this one though. ;)

Kin

Kin,

We share the same point of vue! Why don't open a new thread in AmiOracle section on this Forum. I think that it should be the right place for it!

Regards

-=*ToRaJaBoY*=-

agnes1975x

AmiBayer
Country
Spain
Region
Madrid
Laser problem CD32

Laser problem CD32

The problem is not my media.
My cds works perfectly on my friend's old cd32.

Some original cds take much longer to load (>4 minutes) in my NOS CD32 than in my friend's console.

I think my problem is the Laser. In this thread other guy had the same problem than me :
http://eab.abime.net/archive/index.php/t-50285.html

According to eab's forum, I need to buy a new KSS-210B laser module.
http://cpc.farnell.com/_/kss210b-re...ssellid=AS00345&crosssell=true&in_merch=true&

Anybody has installed a KSS-210B module? it's easy?

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Kin

Kin,

We share the same point of vue! Why don't open a new thread in AmiOracle section on this Forum. I think that it should be the right place for it!

Regards

-=*ToRaJaBoY*=-

Go for it if you want to. If I feel I can add anything to your info, it would be a pleasure. (y)

Kin

FOL

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Wales

Some original cds take much longer to load (>4 minutes) in my NOS CD32 than in my friend's console.

I think my problem is the Laser. In this thread other guy had the same problem than me :

http://cpc.farnell.com/_/kss210b-re...ssellid=AS00345&crosssell=true&in_merch=true&

They are very easy to install. Unclick shaft runner, laser falls out.

On the CD Burning, I have never had a problem with any disc burnt at high speeds. The burn at lower speed thing is a myth, in my opinion.

For the love of pete, stay away from that pot tweaking guide.
Those ajustments are only ment for setting up the unit at the factory. Once setup, they will never need altering again.
Only pot thats safe to touch is the laser power pot on the laser itself.

TorajaBoy

Country
Belgium
Region
Liège

Hello Jesusmdc,

I'm sorry to heard that you have that kind of laser problem, I doubt that the unit were damaged in the transport as I took the best care in the shipping.

I tested your unit and It worked ok with Effigy pinball as you noticed it works ok with oscar/Diggers bundle game.

You have also to understand that I can't test a unit with several CD games or burned CD.

Even if there is not any kind of warranty in these units because C= allready left the scene about several years, if you agree I can test an other CD32 units (just the console) and send it to you.

The shipping cost is 26€ so I agree to split in two the shipping cost (so it will cost you only 13€). you can keep the first "defective" unit, so in the case if you are able to fix it, you will have two CD32 unit. If you agreed with that product replacement.

It's just bad luck and that's all! Because some original works fine and some don't!

So please PM me if you agree with my offer. Tell me also wich original CD32 games doesn't works on your unit. Like this, I can try it (if I have these games) on your replacement unit.

I can make that kind of gesture because I'm a nice person even that there is no warranty on these units. So please if some users will try to abuse me by declaring that their units are faulty and expected that i will offer them an extra unit. I will remind them the condition set in my first post on the CD32 sale thread.

Warranty:

As I'm a private person, I can't issue invoice. The material is new, never opened and passed the Quality Inssurance test of Commodore in Philippines in 1993. The CD32 System is sold as it and I can't be responsible to damage occuring during the shipping. Like Commodore went bankrupt in 1994, no constructor warranty can be apply anymore, so no refund.

If you feel not confidant with this offer or not agree with these conditions.
Don't buy it!

100% is difficult to archieved.

Jesusmdc's CD32 was tested ok with one Effigy Pinball and tested ok by Jesusmdc with its original CD32 Oscar/Diggers.

Sorry, I can't do better.

Regards

-=*ToRaJaBoY*=-

Last edited:

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
That's a very generous offer TorajaBoy. (y)

agnes1975x

AmiBayer
Country
Spain
Region
Madrid
@fol

On the CD Burning, I have never had a problem with any disc burnt at high speeds. The burn at lower speed thing is a myth, in my opinion.
Thank you FOL, then I'm going to install a new laser unit.
Yes, I tried burning at different speeds with no results in my console. The same media works fine in my friend's cd32.

@TorajaBoy
Don't worry TorajaBoy, I know you aren't CBM. The package was very good and the box and console are in perfect condition without signs of use.

The problem exists in my unit:
-Most of the CDRs don't work in my CD32. When works, make it very slowly.
-Original CDs with minor scratches don't work (And works ok in other cd32).

But the problem seems to have easy solution replacing the laser.
And it's easy to find, replace and cheapest than send back the console.
(and I want to keep my v4 version, the image quality is very good). :D

Thank you TorajaBoy for give me the option.

TorajaBoy

Country
Belgium
Region
Liège
@fol

Yes, I tried burning at different speeds with no results in my console. The same media works fine in my friend's cd32.

@TorajaBoy
Don't worry TorajaBoy, I know you aren't CBM. The package was very good and the box and console are in perfect condition without signs of use.

Hi Jesus,

Thanks for your understanding feelings!

It make me upset too just like you because I don't like when something goes in the wrong way. Yes like you noticed, I took time and care to pack my unit. And it came in perfect condition...

Like I said back luck! I tested your unit with Effigy Pinbal who is brand new and my other game are also new so If I tested your unit with differents brand new games. I will encounter no failure!

That's what probably happened to your console, it even get pass the Commodore Quality Assurance test in Philippina, get packed, slept 17 years old. So I think even if you baught that unit at the end of 1993 or in early 1994 from your local C= dealer. You had encounter the same problem!

But At that time Commodore were still there but near to collapse!

Anyway keep me informed... if I can help! I'm not Commodore but I try my best to satisfy my Customers because I'm not lead by the profit but by my Love for Amiga!

Regards

-=*ToRaJaBoY*=-

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Hey Jesus,

I use ISO's quite a lot on my CD32. I have the TOSEC collection. I use TDK, Verbatim and Memorex CD's and they all work fine. What I have noticed however that the ONLY way to get these to work properly is to burn them with Nero BUT the main thing is to select DAO RAW instead of the default. Also - burn them slowly as has been mentioned previously also.

Try that with an ISO image and see what happens. If your current CD's havent been done like that - limited chance they will work.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

John

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
If you are restoring TOSEC backups this is how I do it and it works perfect:

Use nero burning rom on xp
Open the cue file, Burn it on Fujifilm Any speed works here.

No problem at all I bought the fujifilm for 13 eu for 50 in a supermarket colruyt. I started with 4x but ended up burning at max no problem

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Maybe it is better that an admin moves this out of this already huge thread.

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Like I already told him, it is first thing to try - it could be that a friend of you has a more advanced cdrom reading mechanism. Very old school want it this way even certain cdrom players. I always use this method for vintage. And limit the speed for starters - try another cdrom writer like use an old plextor ed.

FOL

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Wales
@fol

@TorajaBoy

Try cleaning laser lens first with IPA and Cutton bud.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Cleaning the lens on a new boxed & un-used CDROM would perhaps be a futile effort. A lot has to do with the focus of the laser to the media being used, which does indeed make some media totally useless.

Speed of burn does make a difference. It's almost the same symptoms as PSX ROM back up burning about 10+ years ago. Slow speed, a certain Plextor CD writer & TDK media worked really well. Use some other mickey-mouse brand of media & the burn was fubar. (n)

Kin

FOL

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Wales
Cleaning the lens on a new boxed & un-used CDROM would perhaps be a futile effort. A lot has to do with the focus of the laser to the media being used, which does indeed make some media totally useless.

Speed of burn does make a difference. It's almost the same symptoms as PSX ROM back up burning about 10+ years ago. Slow speed, a certain Plextor CD writer & TDK media worked really well. Use some other mickey-mouse brand of media & the burn was fubar. (n)

Kin

Errmmmm, there could be a smear / fingerprint (from the factory) on the lens.

That could cause problems.
Its the easiest thing to try before ripping a NOS cd32 apart.

Plus considering I used to work in the trade, you would'nt believe the crap I have come across from big well known companies.

On burning again,I must have a special dvd/cd writer, cause I have always burnt at full speed on loads of different cheap disc's without issue. Besides alot has changed in 10 years.

Top Bottom