CF card "unknown" and unable to save partitions?

Jepplen

Country
Sweden
Region
Stockholm
Heya!

So i put in the CF card (Transcend 4GB 133x) into the Amiga and and start it up with the WB 3.1 Install disk (Amiga 600, rom 3.1 40.63).

HDToolBox -> then it finds something and shows: SCSI UNKNOWN.

- Change driver type
- Define New
- Partition it 1x 200 Mb, 2x 1700 Mb (no advanced changes, only DH0, DH1, DH2, i press enter on any changes)
- Ok
- Asks to reboot system
- Ok

Reboots
- HDToolBox
- Something is found - SCSI UNKNOWN...

I rebooted with both mousebuttons pressed down, boot options doesn't show the partitions.
Nothing has saved.

If i do the same thing in WinUAE it saves, BUT when i put the card intot he Amiga it shows up as UNKNOWN in HDToolBox and in the boot options it is still not present either.
If i take it back to WinUAE, BLAMDIDIBLAM, there it is... DH0, DH1 and DH2 staring at me.

I have set it to IDE0 (Though i've read this actually is only a WinUAE setting that isn't transferred to the CF Card.

It's just like the CF card is unable to save anything to it and WinUAE is tricking me into thinking i AM saving things to it, but it's actually being stored in a hidden location.

What is going on? :huh:

Last edited:

Jepplen

Country
Sweden
Region
Stockholm
I bought a new IDE -> CF board and now it works perfectly.

I guess the other one was broken.
Annoying!

oykas_20

Country
Greece
Region
Athens
You can try with HDINSTTOOLS. Worked like a charme with mine. Hdtoolbox didn't even show the cf card. With HDINSTTOOLS everything worked ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oykas_20

Country
Greece
Region
Athens
But if you bought the exact same cf to ide adapter and worked ok, then I assume that the first one was malfunctioning...

Jepplen

Country
Sweden
Region
Stockholm
You can try with HDINSTTOOLS. Worked like a charme with mine. Hdtoolbox didn't even show the cf card. With HDINSTTOOLS everything worked ok.

For me it was the opposite :) HDInstTools didn't find anything, but HDToolBox found at least an unknown unit.

It wasn't exactly the same board, the one that malfunctioned was with an IDE cable, the one that worked was without the cable, just pressed it down on the mobo.
Not Kipper2k's angle board, but a straight one.
I'm still trying to get a hold of Kipper2k for his angle board, but it has proven quite difficult.

But if you bought the exact same cf to ide adapter and worked ok, then I assume that the first one was malfunctioning...

Top Bottom