cf - pc

rs2klee

Country
U.K
Region
London
hi anyone help with putting files onto a cf card to the pc, i need to back up the cf card 4gb to the pc but the usb cf reader will not show. only lets me format it!?! is there a way to read the cf card thats plugged into the usb reader. i use winue and used the option to allow and auto mount removable drive but still cant see the contents ?
thanks for any advice and info

:)

JiggyMF

AmiBayer
Country
the Netherlands
Region
Breda area
at 'hard drives' in winuae select 'add harddrive' and select your usbreader (where your cf card is inserted).

Be sure to run winuae as 'run as administrator' if you are using win7 or vista, sometimes you can't add a harddrive (disabled button) if you don't.

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
You will have to create a new Hard file in WinUAE similar in size to your CF card and actually backup the CF under WinUAE within the Amiga Environment.

This is quite crucial otherwise you will have problems with truncated filenames & file propery tags.

TC :)

JiggyMF

AmiBayer
Country
the Netherlands
Region
Breda area
at 'hard drives' in winuae select 'add harddrive' and select your usbreader (where your cf card is inserted).

Be sure to run winuae as 'run as administrator' if you are using win7 or vista, sometimes you can't add a harddrive (disabled button) if you don't.

If you do the above you also see the option 'Create disk image file' from the drive you just added. This way you make a HDF file of your CF card (which you can then use as a hdf file to boot from, or to restore to another cf card etc)

rs2klee

Country
U.K
Region
London
hmm tryign this now and just saying drive not ready, and failing :( with exeptions.

what controller do i use, i have dh0 and dh1 image files done, it boots up all ok just not addin this cf card running on the usb for some reason.

JiggyMF

AmiBayer
Country
the Netherlands
Region
Breda area
I usually choose IDE0 as HD controller, add the CF card as harddrive (if you have a multi-card cf reader, you have to choose the right one which says Compact Flash card).

If you start UAE after this it should normally boot from your CF.

Top Bottom