Not open for further replies.

Hercules

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I'm looking for a cheap PCMCIA CF Card adapter + software to enable me to image my Amiga disks on my A1200.

I know AmigaKit sell these, but if anybody has one they no longer use, and can offer it to me at a cheaper price, then I'll happily buy it.

I can pay via PayPal.

Thanks all !

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Rating - 100%
503   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
@Hercules,

There are some BIN PCMCIA CF adapters on Ebay at the moment here
These were tested and found to be compatible by our own SkyDivinGirl in this thread
All you'd need to do is download the relevant software from Aminet and find yourself a small CF card and you've got the same as Amigakit sells.

Mike

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Once you get one of these adapters from eBay, you can order the EasyADF software from AmigaKit as a download and save on shipping costs. :) That's what I did.

Good luck!

Heather

Hercules

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
@Mike, SkydivinGirl

Thanks for the help.

Can you provide me with the ebay link to the compatable PCMCIA > CF Card adapters that have been tested?

I'll probably buy the CF card adapter from ebay, then get the software from AmigaKit to save some pennies.... Got CF card laying around I can use.

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
220   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
Can you provide me with the ebay link to the compatable PCMCIA > CF Card adapters that have been tested?

Click on the word here in the first line of Scrappys posting - you could find what you are looking for ;)

Dave G :cool:

HeZoR

Amiga Rules
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Nomos Pellis
No need for easyADF, the aminet is full of freeware and better tools for adf transfers.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
@HeZoR

There is a lot of great free software for ADFs on Aminet. I still wanted easyADF because it has some nice features. What I like most about easyADF is that it's a bootable disk that has everything you need to work with ADFs. Very nice to have if you are between operating systems on your Amiga. :D

Heather

HeZoR

Amiga Rules
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Nomos Pellis
@HeZoR

There is a lot of great free software for ADFs on Aminet. I still wanted easyADF because it has some nice features. What I like most about easyADF is that it's a bootable disk that has everything you need to work with ADFs. Very nice to have if you are between operating systems on your Amiga. :D

Heather

I'm positive that's a solution ready made, but it's not difficult to make a workbench disk with pcmcia mountlist and fat32, including free adf software.
It's all in the startup's ;)

Witcher1979

Banned
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
The adapter in scrappysphinx's post is the exact same one I have. Works a treat. I also use free tools from aminet for adf's. People seem to have problems with some of the cards, from the few I have tried so far SanDisk seem to work great. Also very cheap if buying from China just a slight delay on the postage. Next trick for me is to try a cf adapter that takes SD HC cards, now that would be very handy if they work. Something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SDHC-SD-CF-ME...aphy_MemoryCardReaders_RL&hash=item29fb2c2ec3

Not sure if anyone has tried one of these? Not that exact one, I would be looking for a 4gb one. As that one states 8gig/16gig

Cheers

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Here is the .adf image of a similar disk: this one was prepared by Marcelo Pires (aka Mugo), a Brazilian Amigan.

It have the cf.device, the FAT95 handler and Directory Opus 4.12 (latest version that can run on 68000 Amigas).

All software inside this disk image is public domain and/or freeware.

Put it back to a real Amiga disk and enjoy!:)

Attachments

• CFTools.zip
    467.9 KB · Views: 0

Hercules

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Here is the .adf image of a similar disk: this one was prepared by Marcelo Pires (aka Mugo), a Brazilian Amigan.

It have the cf.device, the FAT95 handler and Directory Opus 4.12 (latest version that can run on 68000 Amigas).

All software inside this disk image is public domain and/or freeware.

Put it back to a real Amiga disk and enjoy!:)

:bowdown:

Thank you rkauer, and thanks to Marcelo for compilation of the disk (y)

P.S. Is this disk self booting btw?

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
I don't know, as I never used it. If it don't have a bootblock is only a matter of putting one.

With the Amiga turned on (obviously :roll: ) and the disk in the floppy unit simply type on a CLI/Amiga shell/DOS box:

Install df0: (assuming the floppy is in the internal drive)

Hercules

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I don't know, as I never used it. If it don't have a bootblock is only a matter of putting one.

With the Amiga turned on (obviously :roll: ) and the disk in the floppy unit simply type on a CLI/Amiga shell/DOS box:

Install df0: (assuming the floppy is in the internal drive)

I just checked the disk under WinUAE, and their is a startup-sequence on it, so I can only assume it is bootable. Im going to put the adf on a PC formatted disk and transfer it to the A1200 using CrossDOS then I can unpack the adf to floppy. Then I just gotta wait for my CF card to arrive from fleabay :D

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Then remember to update the bootblock, as the one present is for 2.05 Amigas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom