Childrens hospice CHAS: Sponsoring Skilgannon for Charity!

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Hi all - I'm looking for Sponsorhip if anyone is feeling in the giving mood! Myself and two colleagues are doing the Pedal for Scotland cycle in September (51 miles). Our just giving page is here http://www.justgiving.com/John-McColgan. Any pennies anyone can donate would be much appreciated. We are trying to get £750 in total to donate to the Childrens hospice CHAS.

Thanks all!

Cheers

John

Last edited by a moderator:

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Stay safe in traffic, wouldn't want you to end up needing a fundraiser for treating you :p

Good luck!

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Thanks Arnljot - and thanks for the donation - it's very much appreciated! Yeah I've done this run a few times now (this will be my fourth) but I am taking John and James with me and they're novices with good hearts who want to attempt this for a very worthwhile charity. It does get a bit mental out there on stretches of the route but hopefully I'll be fine :)

Cheers

John (y)

status

AmiBayer
Country
Heraklion
Region
Crete
Do they have a problem of sorts? I can't donate.:S

Ps i got money in the my paypal account.

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Hi Status,

I don't think so. The site seems ok (just checked)

Cheers

J

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Mods - would it be possible to make this a sticky so that it has visibility for a week or so - just in case any more lovely people wish to sponsor this very worthwhile cause please?

Cheers

John

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Wow Geraldine - thank you -it's very much appreciated :)

I'll share some photo's of the event once I've completed it. Doing another training cycle tonight (From Eaglesham to Kilmaurs and back as it's good route for training because of all the hills!). Got a distance cycle planned for Sunday to Kilbirnie and Back from Crookston so will be passing through your town :)

Thanks again (y)

John

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Little update on where we are with our fund raising. We're doing well and currently at 31% of the way to our target. The company I work for has said they will also match every pound we raise so if we hit our target we may double it from my company which would be very cool for this charity.

We've been doing some training runs and my colleagues are getting fitter so hopefully by the time the ride comes along we will be all fit enough to try and do it in a good time too. Aiming for under 3 hours 15 mins (which is what I did it in last year).

Thanks everyone for your support and I've added a wee picture of me relaxing after a bit of training :) and a piccy of my bike too :)

John

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 1
  • bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 2

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
Guys, I think this issue is well deserving of a bump, don't you think?? :D

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
More training done last night as the main cycle is coming up fast. Down side last night was that all three of us almost got run off the road by a maniac in a 4x4!

Fundraising is going really well too :)

Cheers

John

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
This is tomorrow now! Wish me luck everyone! We've raised more than we ever could have hoped for. Our target was £750 and so far we've raised £961!

Just wanted to say a big thank you for the team here who allowed me to post this as a sticky and to everyone who has donated! It really does mean a lot to me and I hope to at some time meet you lot face to face and buy you all a well deserved alcoholic beverage of your choice (maybe at R3play! lol)

John

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Finished it folks! Was a great day and we did very well. Have attached some photos! I'm the dude in the black top and the wee girl is my daughter who see's me off and see's me in at the other end :)

Thanks again to everyone who offered support and who donated to this very worthwhile charity.

Cheer

John (y)

Attachments

• DSC02403 [1600x1200].JPG
    DSC02403 [1600x1200].JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC02405 [1600x1200].JPG
    DSC02405 [1600x1200].JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC02411 [1600x1200].JPG
    DSC02411 [1600x1200].JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC02413 [1600x1200].jpg
    DSC02413 [1600x1200].jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 1

arnljot

Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
I'm impressed John. I bet you're gonna do this again next year (y)

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Cheers Anljot - yeah but I will do the 100 miles route next year! Still goes from Glasgow to Edinburgh but goes there via the southern uplands! Thanks again to everyone on Amibay who supported me. I think we can probably remove the thread as a sticky now. We managed to raise just over £1000 for the charity now :)

John

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Hi folks - last post on the Edinburgh Cycle from me and it's just a link from the CHAS page saying thank you to John, James and I but also to everyone who supported us and that includes some of YOU! Again - I can't thank the folks here enough who donated :bowdown:and well, this is from CHAS too http://www.chas.org.uk/john-john-and-james-saddle-up.html

John (y)

Top Bottom