User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Hi folks,

I was saying to Les at the Italian Restaurant after day 1 at R3play that I had some retro TV shows. I've put one here in my personal web server http://www.jmcdonline.com/bi-xmas1994.avi and it's a real blast from the past (being 16 years old!). I thought it was typically festive too :)

Hope you enjoy it (and hope by posting the link I don't get into some kind of trouble...).

I should say that for those of you that don't know it - Bad Influence was a Computers and Consoles (gamers basically) magazine show in the 90's produced to rival "Gamesmaster".

John (y)

Last edited:

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
o/` Two data gloves / and a cartridge in a TV! o/`

chiark

AmiNerd
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire
...and guess how the datablast was done at the end of Bad Influence?

An Amiga 1200 hooked up to a genlock. The original version had one guy (Dan, if I remember correctly) manually entering things into AMOS to play back.

One day, when I was working at First Computers, the producer wandered in wanting something that could guarantee 12 frames per second exact playback. Nothing at the time was that precise.

So muggins here volunteered to write one. It was a combination of C for the UI and 68k for the playback... I think it was used for a couple of series (y)

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Hehe - Nice one Chiark :) Those were the days eh!

chiark

AmiNerd
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire
Indeed. I've just wasted 20 minutes of my life trying to find my credit, and found it :) . Episode 2, Series 1, part 2, 10:02 in. A greet on national tv to my then girlfriend, and now wife :D

Seems that Retro Gamer September 2010 had a "making of" for Bad Influence - wonder if datablast was mentioned. It was such a pain in the neck that I think it was dropped for Series 3 as it took an age to enter!

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Excellent! RG did do an article on it in September. I'll have a quick look for you and if it does I'll send you the mag if you want it.

Cheers

John

Phipscube

WipEout Fanboi
Country
Denmark
Region
Ringsted
Ah great stuff John! I remember a vague conversation involving Bad Influence, Games Master and Violet Berlins sexy tights :D I notice this one has SWOS in it, and oooohhh... I'd love a real Neo Geo AES machine one day!

I'd love to see more of these mate, if you get any more converted send me a link or something and i'll nick them off ya! :LOL:

Cheers!

Les

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
Heh! Nice one Chiark!

@Phipsy - yup, I do and will do the same for those when I get a chance (some games masters and BBC stuff).

J

ad-rs1600i

AmiBayer
Country
Britain
Region
Northamptonshire
Thanks for posting that, I can only very vaguely remember it but wow what a blast from the past!!!!!

Many thanks honestly,

:)(y)

Phipscube

WipEout Fanboi
Country
Denmark
Region
Ringsted
tee heee!!!

Yeah she is a bit of a frump now. She was so geek cool back in them days, I wanted to marry her, HAHA!

Nice one chiark! Cheers! :)

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

Heh! Nice one Chiark!

@Phipsy - yup, I do and will do the same for those when I get a chance (some games masters and BBC stuff).

J

Cheers John, as and when mate, i'd love to have copies of some on storage, but the BI website chiark posted will do me for now :) Great stuff!

Top Bottom