Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
What help do we need?

Classicamiga.com is currently looking for any reasonably good condition original boxed Amiga games and all other Amiga software. We would prefer if they still had their manuals, disks, and any other contents that originally came in the box, and that the boxes are not too battered (as we need them for scanning), but anything offered will be considered.

Why do we need them?

Classicamiga.com contains a number of Amiga directories/databases. These include extensive Game and Demo scene directories, as well as the recent addition of a productivity software directory, and a soon to be launched hardware directory. We are looking for original boxed Amiga software and games so that the boxes, disks, manuals, and any supporting material can be scanned in and added to the site to preserve the information about this software and its packaging as an archive for the future, and for the community to use. We also need these originals to obtain any addition information (credits, release dates, publishers, developers etc...) that we might currently be missing from the site.

This is a community project

We would also like to state that all such content held on classicamiga is not restricted to use only on classicamiga. We are creating these directories for the Amiga community. We will never watermark our images to try and falsely claim ownership over them or to prevent others from utilising them in their own projects. We welcome such active use of our site's content. A mention for such use in such project would of course always be nice, but not necessary.

Non Profit Project

Being a self funded project (by myself and the other main staff members) we can't afford to pay anything for original boxed software, which is why this is being asked in the Recycle Bin, but as it will be viewed as being sent to the site as a donation to help us out, you will get a mention in the site credits page for your contribution (unless you wish to remain anonymous). We should however be able to cover reasonable postage costs if needed.

What will we do with them once we have finished scanning them in?

Once these game boxes have been scanned, along with the manuals and disk labels we will then be offering most of them back to the Amiga community on AmiBay in the Recycle Bin so that others can get hold of them to keep and enjoy for just the price of postage.

Who do I contact, and where do I send the software?

If you can help classicamiga with this please let me know via PM, in this topic, or by email (using the email link in my profile).

Thank you for reading.

Harrison.

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Re: Classicamiga.com needs your help

Scanning donations

If you have original Amiga software, but do not wish to donate it to classciamiga (as you wish to keep it in your own collection), but you would still like to help, then we are also looking for people who can scan in their own Amiga software boxes, manuals, disks and any other content to send to us.

As already mentioned, you would get a site credit for your contributions and no content submitted to classicamiga would ever be watermarked or have any restrictions placed on it, so that others could still utilise it in their own projects if needed.

Classicamiga.com is dedicated to the Amiga for the Amiga Community.

DoogUK

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Dorset, UK

Hi Harrison, whereabouts in hampshire are you? i'm next door in Dorset and will happily donate all my big box games.

Ive goneover to whdload games so dont need them.

I travel to southampton on a regular basis so maybe a meetup is possible to eliminate postage fiasco's.

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

That would be great. I don't live far from Southampton so it would be easy to meet up. In fact if you are coming from Dorset down the M27 then I could meet you at the services/Texaco garage just off junction 2. Let me know when you are down this way and we can arrange to meet.

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk

I just think this is a very cleverly disguised Date....

you know guys this is the 21st Century, its okay to be openly gay.... :D

DoogUK

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Dorset, UK

Lmao @Z

Harrison thats great! i drive past that services on the a36 before i hit the m27.
Will let you know when i'm next heading that way...hope u have a big boot :wink:

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

DoogUK said:
...hope u have a big boot :wink:

...21st Century or not...Backs to the Wall chaps! :mrgreen:

DoogUK

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Dorset, UK

Now now chaps...you know i'm only bringing something floppy based. :mrgreen:

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

@ DoogUK

....Maybe you should give urself a new handle,...... like Mr. Wiggly.....

I was gunno say LMAO but thats a bit of an "uphill-gardener" ending again.....

...funny! :mrgreen:

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Southampton

I have a whole bunch of Amiga game boxes that I'm about to throw out, some are in better condition than others. I'm keeping the disks and manuals, but don't care what happens to the boxes. Odds are they're things you already have though. :)

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
219   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

@Andy

Most things are worth more if they have the original boxes with them.

I wish I'd known that about twenty years ago :(

Dave G 8)

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Southampton

To be honest, I looked on fleabay, and all of these games are the ones that sell (with boxes) for only 99p. I want to keep the games, but can't justify the space of the boxes, so thought I'd just sling 'em out.

Besides, many of 'em are a bit damaged, and are beginning to smell of mold :(

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

I have some original develop floppies from ATO time and a few complete boxed games and a bunch of original Amiga manuals.

Just tell me what you want and I can send you a list (at first time) and then the scans you need. (y)

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

AndyLandy said:
I have a whole bunch of Amiga game boxes that I'm about to throw out, some are in better condition than others. I'm keeping the disks and manuals, but don't care what happens to the boxes. Odds are they're things you already have though. :)

If you can post or PM me a list of the boxes you have I will see if there is anything I need for the site. Thanks. And if it is just boxes then they could be flattened for easier and cheaper posting.

Ideally I look for complete games so I can also scan the manuals and disk labels, but anything offered it better than nothing.

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

rkauer said:
I have some original develop floppies from ATO time and a few complete boxed games and a bunch of original Amiga manuals.

Just tell me what you want and I can send you a list (at first time) and then the scans you need. (y)

Great stuff. A list would be great. Either post here or via PM and I will see what we still need for the site. Looking for scans of as much as possible really. Box fronts and backs, manual scans, disk label scans etc... and also for rare stuff ADFs of the disks themselves as we are trying to archive and preserve as much as possible.

Alcatan

I never drink....Wine
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Ceredigion
I have a few games boxed with Manuals that I can throw your way, I'll PM you a small list if there's anything you want I'll send them to you FOC.

I also have a few that are obscure, Like "Denis Whealey invites you to an evening with mystery and Murder" which I wish to keep but will happily scan them in for you. Again I'll send you a list, if you tell me what you need I'll be happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom