Sold Coleco Adam System with Floppy drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiv

work in progress...
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon
OK, I'm just not using it as I use my Amiga's more and more, so I thought I might see if someone else who will actually use it wants one...

Basic description. An "almost" complete Coleco Adam system. Why almost?
Well, if you're familiar with the Adam, it got its power for the daisywheel printer that came with the system. This has no daisy wheel printer at all.
There IS a modded (badly I'm sure, but it works) PC AT power supply to power the system.
Also, there were 2 tape drives, one of which was eating tapes. That drive was pulled and can't be found anymore.. :-( :-( So, there is 1 working tape drive, and one empty spot for a tape drive.

Other than that, it is a complete Adam System.
1 Adam Console with 1 tape drive
1 Adam keyboard
2 Adam controllers
1 parallel printer card (never tested by me..)
various manuals, tapes, a few carts and some floppies..

Floppies?

Yes, this Adam comes with the 5 1/4" Adam floppy drive.

Pics here: http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/villaesc/Adam/

Now, I really don't want to sell this. :) I'd prefer to trade... My problem however is weight..

.. what? Yes, I am overweight, but.. shut up.. that's not what I meant..
(Dang, I was hoping for at least 1 post without being silly <sigh>)

The Adam is fairly heavy, so shipping will be something to be considered.
Also, the only thing I think I'm really pining for is an Amiga monitor (1084S preferably), which is probably one of the few things heavier than the Adam. ;-( So, it will probably be in my best interest to sell this and try to buy a monitor as close to me as possible, but who knows...
So, keep that in mind..

I am setting the initial request at $200. Considering the floppy, I think that's about right, BUT I MAY BE TOTALLY WRONG, so make an offer if you are interested...

Thanx,

desiv

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
I'm a little confused. Are you hoping to trade this for a 1084s? If so then I would definitely be interested in a trade. I'll send you a PM for more details.

Thanks!

Heather

desiv

work in progress...
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon
Sorry for the confusion.. Basically, yes...

If someone showed up at my door and said they had a 1084S monitor with cable for the Amiga and they were looking for an Adam system with a disk drive...

I would happily trade them.

(I would then call the Secret Service, as they obviously are watching my internet communications and know where I live.. But only after the trade.. ;-) )

My concern/questions around the trade scenario involve shipping costs, as these things are heavy....

But, yes I would trade straight across for a monitor with a cable.

Also, it's in the picture, but I forgot to mention it.

It comes with a Roller Controller.. That's actually the only piece I bought for the system after I got it..

It doesn't come with the monitor shown in the pics, that's for demonstration purposes.

Also, the backup CP/M floppy I used in the pic has a error on it. A bit after that screen you see, it gives me an abort/retry type of message.
The disk manager floppy booted all the way with no problems. I haven't tried all of the floppies/tapes (DDPs) in it to see if they load (I do have an original CP/M and assembler box you can see in the pics) but I can do that if you want..

desiv

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
I'd be happy to make a trade with you for a nice, fully working 1084S with Amiga cable. :) I can take some pictures tonight when I get home. For shipping, we could either each cover the item we are shipping and call it even or I could pay shipping on the Coleco system and you could pay for shipping the 1084S. Just let me know. :D

Heather

desiv

work in progress...
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon
I'd be happy to make a trade with you for a nice, fully working 1084S with Amiga cable. :) I can take some pictures tonight when I get home. For shipping, we could either each cover the item we are shipping and call it even or I could pay shipping on the Coleco system and you could pay for shipping the 1084S. Just let me know. :D

Heather

Sounds like a plan then. It'll probably be easier if we just pay our own shipping. As a Linux admin, I'm all about easier... Hmm.. wonder if I can bash script the shipping.. ;-)

I'll ship it out to you first. When you're satisfied you can send me the monitor. I'm in no rush to get the monitor. I have my Amiga 1200 working with an amigamaniac svideo adapter currently.
(I'm trusting, but I grew up in L.A., so I generally tell people to be safe. )

I'll probably actually ship it out Monday or Tuesday of next week.
We're doing a "staycation" this week, and there's no UPS where we live.
So it might wait until I go back to work...
(We live in a touristy small town a bit over an hour from where we work.)

desiv

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Sounds great Desiv! I'll get the pictures together tonight. I may have an original 1084S box to go with it, but I'll have to double check. I sold a 1084S a while back and it may have been the boxed one I had.

Thank you!

Heather

desiv

work in progress...
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon
Perfect...

As for the box, if it makes it easier to ship, then fine..
But if you'd like to keep it for "collectibility", then I'm good with that.
I'm not really an "in the original box" type of collector with my hardware...

Now, software is different!! I like my software to have original disks and manuals and boxes!!
:)

desiv

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Thanks Desiv! I took some pictures of the monitor this morning. I took some pictures this morning with my camcorder because I could not find my still camera. Sorry the pictures aren't very good. There is a light yellowing over the whole monitor but the lighting in the room makes the monitor look really yellow. It's not that bad. :)

The rubber coating on the monitor side of the Amiga cable has pulled out of the housing a little but the cable works perfectly. The cable I use on my Amiga is exactly the same way so I think this is a common problem. :(

Please let me know if everything looks OK. :)

Thanks,

Heather

Attachments

• DSC00014.jpg
    DSC00014.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00016.jpg
    DSC00016.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC00019.jpg
    DSC00019.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00021.jpg
    DSC00021.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC00022.jpg
    DSC00022.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 0

desiv

work in progress...
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon
What? Exposed wires!! Never!! It's an affront to all that is good in this world...
;-)

Sorry, I don't get to do moral indignation very often...
(I know, can you believe my wife politely laughs at my jokes? It's crazy!! :) )

Anyway, that looks fine!!

Looks just like the 1084S I used to have BITD.. (I can't remember which model I had (D1, P, etc), but it gives me that same retro feeling...)

I'll get the Adam all packed up...
I think we have plenty of boxes/packing stuff here, but if not, I might have to snag a box or so from work. So it might be Tues/Weds when I get it shipped. I'll let you know.

Thanx again,

desiv

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Sounds great Desiv! Just be sure to use lots of soft packing around the system and I'll do the same with the monitor. :wink: I'll PM you my mailing address.

At least your wife politely laughs at your jokes. That's a great wife. :p

Thanks!

Heather

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Package received today. I'll test it tonight and hopefully send out the monitor tomorrow. :)

Heather

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Received everything and it is working great! I'm packing up the monitor tonight to ship it out tomorrow.

Leaving feedback now. Desiv can leave feedback once he receives and tests the monitor.

Heather

desiv

work in progress...
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon
30 lbs of 1084S goodness sent today. :D Please let me know when it arrives.

It arrived!!!

Works great! Txs!!

Ok, I admit, when I first hooked it up, the colors were all wrong and I was just starting to get a bit worried.
But I know SDG is awesome, so I thought.. There are about 8000 buttons on the back of the monitor..

Pushed one of them in (or toggled it out) and TaDa! Great Picture!!!

:D:D:D:D

Thanx again!!!!

desiv

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
LOL! Sounds like the Chroma/Luma/Composite button was pushed. :) Those 1084S monitors did have lots of buttons! I used a 1084S for my television for quite a while. :D

I'm super happy it arrived safe and sound. Feedback has been left on both sides so I'll close this thread.

Thanks Desiv! You've been great to deal with.

Take care,

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom