Commercial selling on Amibay - rules?

TickledPink

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Anglesey
Guys,

I've started putting together an online store dealing in obsolete electronics, primarily parts for retro systems. What are the rules for being added as a commercial seller on Amibay?

Thanks

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
@TickledPink

The rules state the following

Commercial Vendor
Verified and Trusted Commercial members: Commercial Traders are welcome to buy and sell goods on AmiBay. However, all Commercial Vendors must declare that they will only buy items for their own personal use and not for re-sale. Commercial Vendors will not have access to the Recycle Bin. Other Amibay members are not obligated to sell items to a Commercial Vendor, and may refuse to do so without having to provide further reasons to the Amibay staff. Commercial Vendors are entitled to a dedicated thread in the Want to Sell forum.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
So basically, if you are going to become a commercial vendor (trader) with the setting up of your new online store you need to PM one of the administrators and we will change your account over to a Commercial Vendor. If at the same time you would like a sub forum in the Commercial Sellers section of Amibay to list your sales then please ask at the same time.

Please note however that any sales advertised as a commercial seller on Amibay must be conducted through Amibay so that our buyers have the added support of the staff and an open and clear trade history on the site. Diverting members off site to complete their purchases is not allowed, although you can advertise new stock available on your own site within your own sub forum to alert our members to buy directly from you.

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
@Harrison

Thank you for the fuller explanation - I only had time for a quick reply :D

TickledPink

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Anglesey
So basically, if you are going to become a commercial vendor (trader) with the setting up of your new online store you need to PM one of the administrators and we will change your account over to a Commercial Vendor. If at the same time you would like a sub forum in the Commercial Sellers section of Amibay to list your sales then please ask at the same time.

Please note however that any sales advertised as a commercial seller on Amibay must be conducted through Amibay so that our buyers have the added support of the staff and an open and clear trade history on the site. Diverting members off site to complete their purchases is not allowed, although you can advertise new stock available on your own site within your own sub forum to alert our members to buy directly from you.

Thanks. That's clear - I think. I'm just trying to get my head around the last bit. So although no redirection is allowed to a seller's site when listing items for sale on Amibay, another post/thread pointing out that new stock is available at the seller's site is okay? I'm assuming that the latter would have to be stand alone and not actually list any specific items.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Correct. Basically, if you are listing items for sale on AmiBay you have to sell then through AmiBay. However you can create a thread saying specific items are now available in your own store, but the whole trade much be carried out at your own store.

Top Bottom