Commodore 1084S-D1 bended picture

roger_xy

Country
Sweden
Region
Vgot
Hi
I'm not sure what to call this phenomena but I recapped this Commodore 1084S-D1 a year ago and it has worked fine up until now, when the bottom left quarter of the picture has started to "fold/bend" towards the middle.

I dunno how well it shows in this photo but I've been trying to illustrate using the borders of the dark blue square. The red lines are straight but on the left side the border is only straight until about the middle of the picture and then it starts to bend towards the middle. (illustrated in green)
417716968_3280811898889316_5827789140245442088_n.jpg

I've tried degaussing with a degaussing coil to no avail. Also tried moving the monitor around to make sure there's no interference at its original place. Also tried with different computers but the problem persists.

When moving the picture all the way to the right it can more clearly be seen by the white "edge-border" that it starts to bend towards the right of the screen about in the middle. (see pic)
419906901_3286413234995849_4848950911325378216_n.jpg

I'm not sure what to do next but any suggestions are deeply appreciated.

Original photo
416119880_3280812172222622_5487209104697152338_n.jpg

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
i cant really see the issue your talking about clearly,plus deguassing wont have an effect its not a purity problem if an edge is bending

and your video dont play,so im not sure how i could help

roger_xy

Country
Sweden
Region
Vgot
Hey @roy_bates I'm happy to provide you with further info but not sure what info I can provide to explain the situation better.

The "video" is just a screen shot since I wasn't able to get a good photo directly. But what you see on the screenshot is basically the white border-line. If the picture was straight you would've been able to see the white line all the way from bottom to top, but now since the image is bending in the middle you can only see the white border on the lower half of the picture where it starts to bend towards the right.

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
is it sortof tweeking back and forth from left to right,like a twitch?

if you can do a video at least 30 seconds long and link it here,make sure the ebntire screen is in shot and try to niot move the camera around,do you understand

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
actually,can you put a grid on the screen,are you able to do that? instead of a c64 boot screen,its so i can see how far in it goes when it twitches,does that make sense?

roger_xy

Country
Sweden
Region
Vgot
Hi @roy_bates
I've attached a photo and a vid of a grid. Hopefully you can see if you look at the border line to the left that it's not straight. Compare the top left to the bottom left

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-21 at 14.30.56.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-21 at 14.30.56.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 22
  • WhatsApp Video 2024-01-21 at 14.31.00.mp4
    1.8 MB

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
thank you,if you have the schematics,have a good look and check components in the pincushion circuit and or horizontal position

thats where i would start as a guess

and clean the pots,they can have bizzare effects when dirty

roger_xy

Country
Sweden
Region
Vgot
Thank you Roy, I will on that. Since I recapped a year ago w good quality caps that I checked beforehand I don't think it's them. What other components are the most likely culprits in your opinion?

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
i would check them anyway,just check everything pots polyester caps etc,i mean everything, i checked the schematic and the width control is in the circuit as well

its an odd fault,its only from the middle to the lower left corner

since the convergance doesnt seem to be effected,i dont think its the yoke

roger_xy

Country
Sweden
Region
Vgot
Thank you @roy_bates , really appreciate it. One last question is, could you point out a little more exact what you consider "the pincushion circuit and or horizontal position" so I know what components to look at.

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
ill try to take a screen shot in the schematics,i didnt think it was that hard to find

Top Bottom