Sold Commodore 128D collection (including modem, REU, GEOS, books,...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanR

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Bristol
Hi all!

It's time to clear out my collection. This is the first part - I've got a boxed C64GS and an A1200 still to put up, but this is the majority of it (by weight and volume!).

There's quite a lot here, so I suspect that postage costs will be high. If someone lives near (or not so near) Bristol, UK (anywhere along the M4 or M5 or south west), then it might well be easier to meet in person.

There's so much here that I haven't had time to test everything, but anything I have tested I will call out.

Hardware
C128D - 40 column output good, 80 column (though included SCART adapter) good too. 64 mode good. Sound works. The bad - the 1571 doesn't function. It seems to make the right sounds, but comes up with a disk error message (or file not found). Chip on the back of the case, which is moderately yellowed. Space bar a little wonky (works, but right hand side seems to be unclipped).

Vine CGA adapter - displays 80 column output through SCART. Working.

1700 REU - very yellowed, but with test disk. I think can be made in to a 1750 by swapping/adding some higher capacity RAM chips.

C64 - video output OK, cartridge port works, as does joystick port.

Boxed Commodore modem - This was from the Compunet system back in the day. Also a spare, unboxed modem that used to drop calls. Some docs for it too.

1530 tape drive

Cassette duplicator - this is the small PCB above and to the right of the tape drive. I think you would plug in two drives at once (never tried it as I only had one drive).

Light pen

SuperG centronics printer adapter - used to use this with GEOS. Worked very nicely at the time.

Stack serial interface

Cheetah infra red joystick

Books

C128 Programmer's Reference Guide

C64 Programmer's Reference Guide

C128 (not D) manual (I traded my C128 for a C128D, the C128D didn't have a manual so I kept this one)

Master Memory Map for the C64

An introduction to 6502 machine code

Software

Simon's Basic

Easy Script (looks like the games are missing)

Quizmaster

Oxford Pascal

CP/M plus disks (3 and 3.3)

GEOS 128 2.0

GeoPublish

GEOS 64 2.0 / GEOS 64 1.3 UK edition (I think, I have two sets of GEOS disks but they don't mention the version numbers)

GeoBasic

GeoWorld disks

Utilities Unlimited disks

FSSL PD software

128 Users Pack

Maverick

Commodore Disk Users (11 of those)

Light Fantastic pack, with lightgun and 3D glasses

Trivial Pursuit pack

Hollywood Games pack

Pinball Spectacular on cartridge

A few (15 or so) other games on tape

====

Everything in the big picture is included in the sale. Given the amount of stuff, I'm initially going to ask for in-person collection in the UK only, maybe meeting up somewhere mutually convenient.

The asking price is £175, or sensible offers.

Cheers,

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_0061_smaller.jpg
    IMG_0061_smaller.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0066_smaller.jpg
    IMG_0066_smaller.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0067_smaller.jpg
    IMG_0067_smaller.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0068_smaller.jpg
    IMG_0068_smaller.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0071_smaller.jpg
    IMG_0071_smaller.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 2

Paradroid90

C64 Junkie
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Country
England
Region
Chatham Kent
God I am sooooooo tempted to go for this :) But no funds and moving soon does not help :-(

Good Luck with your sale :)

kronuz

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Country
Norway
Region
Oslo
Please do not ask for splits according to forum rules :)
If IanR indicates splits at a later time, you must state new interest.

mic72

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
N/A
Sorry... I forgot about this rule. But: I'm interested in the whole package then :)

Last edited:

IanR

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Bristol
Hi mic72,

As I mentioned in my post, I wasn't planning on posting these items, given the combined size and weight of them. Anyway, I've just had a quick look, and it's approximately 30KG altogether. If you're sure you want to go ahead, then I'm happy to investigate the best way to ship this to you, just let me know either way.

Cheers,

Ian

IanR

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Bristol
After talking with mic72, he is really only wanting the REU, but is still prepared to buy everything if no-one else wants the rest. I am now seeing if anyone else wants the remaining items.

The package is now everything *except* for the REU, and the price drops accordingly to £125. Frodegh is first in line, so I will go and investigate shipping options for Norway first (and Barnsley too).

- - - Updated - - -

If I can keep the package below 31KG (which might mean losing a book or two), postage to Norway is £39.99 with UPS. For Barnsley with DX, postage is £15.52. Frodegh, is this OK? (I also priced up slitting it in to two parcels, but that was more expensive).

IanR

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Bristol
All now sold.

REU - funds transferred, posted to mic72.
Everything else - funds transferred, sent to frodegh.

fgh

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Country
Norway
Region
Lindesnes
Package received, well packaged.
I'm now officially in trouble :)
Feedback left for IanR.

Status