JiggyMF

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
the Netherlands
Region
Breda area
Desperatly looking for one of those since mine died.
Must be in fully working order, preferably in a good or acceptable optical condition (not yellowed).

I am aware of high shipping costs involved to where i live (the Netherlands), but I am unable to find this for weeks and I can't live with hooking it up to a TFT/LCD ^^

Hoping for someone from the UK/France/Belgium/Germany for some close-to-affordable shipping.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I can't help you since I dislike them a lot nowadays, (sold out, I mostly leave them for the bin) but I see them frequently turning up locally on:

http://www.kapaza.be
http://www.2dehands.be

Mostly going for low prices, or when it say's make an offer, it mostly comes with an amiga xxx for a low price..

So you will need some flemish dutch to do the job.(y) If you can't find them, there some other solutions to..

So meaning to say look for terms the monitor was used with, do not look for the type, nobody will post it that way

JiggyMF

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
the Netherlands
Region
Breda area
I had an offer for an external Indivision AGA, not sure if thats worth it, currently lcd on an amiga doesnt feel to right (havent seen such an external device in action though).

I look on those sites (actually, the dutch versions) for about 2-3 months since mine died and i didnt come across any :(
Same for ebay eu.

Maybe im just unlucky, or blind ^^

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Already found one, should I ask for the price? It's bidding auction, but I know the seller, he is rather..:eek::eek: He asks reasonable prices, but looking at his situation, when he knows that somebody is up for a far drive he will seek more value...

hikey

Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Country
Bristol, UK
Region
avon
Shame you're so far away.. as i repair these monitors, and i also have quite a few spares of most types, including 1940/1942's. It would cost way too much to send you one from the UK however, plus i'm sure it wouldn't get to you without damage. What is actually wrong with yours? A reputable TV technician could probably repair it for you.
If you do find a replacement though, i'd be interested in buying the front adjustment flap from your broken one off of you. :D

Attachments

• 4020070262_edba4a9094_b.jpg
    4020070262_edba4a9094_b.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 0

JiggyMF

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
the Netherlands
Region
Breda area
Thanks for all your help people.

@jvdbossc: The only one i have been able to find is a 1942 monitor with quite a pimped a4000 attached to it. Although i'd be more then willing to buy an accompanying a500 or something, my guess is that A4000 is going to cost me an arm and a leg, and I won't use it. I'm keeping track of those sites though, thanks for the tip :)

@Hikey: gah, wish you lived here... Although I'm used to buying stuff in the UK, but thats mostly a console or parts (sometimes big heavy boxes), the shipping for big stuff is usually not to very bad, 25-30 pounds is usually what they make me pay for bigger things. Never bought a monitor though, and it's likely a pain in the ass to package it if you don't have an original box of some monitor.
My dead one started smoking from the inside, and some plastic even melted, even if it could be repaired (which i doubt ^^) the case is dead forever, on top of that i don't really trust the monitor anymore. I'll have a look for the front flap, it's not on the monitor atm but i am pretty sure i have it lying around in my parts box, I just don't remember if the hinges were broken or not.

@mad_cat_jr: Thanks for your offer in pm, see answer to Hikey (and your pm) as to why I can't build your 1942 internals into my case ^^

The search continues... ^^

Thanks for all your efforts and help everyone.

Last edited:

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
PM replied. Should be able to get you a quote by tommorow teatime. :)

Kin

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Payment recieved. :thanks:

The monitor is scheduled for pick up tommorow. I will forward the tracking details via PM as soon as I have them.

Kin

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Picked up this afternoon. Tracking details via PM. Let me know when you have her. (y)

Kin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom