Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK
Hi All,

For sale, I have the following:

• Commodore 64 (breadbin) in v.good condiition. There's taped labels on the back above the ports as none of them had any markings to say what was what!
  • Commodore tape deck (I think it's a C2N), working
  • 2x Commodore 1541 Mk-II floppy disk drives, both working, but one of them is a tad tempremental with a couple of disks, whereas the other works pukka. I only have one PSU and one serial lead between the two drives though. I'll have a further check through my stuff, just in case I manage to 'find' an extra 1541-II PSU.
  • Commodore 64 mannual
  • 'Freeze Machine' cartridge, unboxed, working
  • several games on tape and on 5.25" disk. Not all the games have been tried, so some may not be working. I know the majority do work though.
I'm looking for a total of £50 + P&P for this lot. It's in nice condition and works really well except for ONE flaw: when connected to the RF, there is NO SOUND OUTPUT (you just get white noise), but this works fine on SCART lead and/or Commodore monitor, so I'm including a SCART lead so it can be used straight away.

Postage will be expensive, but I've not got a quote yet ..... I'll sort one out soon.
Also, pictures will follow shortly.

NOW FOR THE BORING BIT:

• SAFETY NOTE: THE POWER SUPPLIES ARE 240V WITH A UK PLUG. THEY HAVE BEEN TESTED AND ARE SUITABLE FOR USE IN THE UK. IF YOU ARE AN OVERSEAS BUYER, PLEASE CHECK COMPATIBILITY WITH YOUR COUNTRIES POWER STANDARDS BEFORE EXPRESSING AN INTEREST IN THIS THREAD OR YOU MAY ASK AND I WILL LOOK IN TO IT FOR YOU. I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURY/DEATH OR DAMAGE CAUSED DUE TO CONNECTING TO INCORRECT ELECTRICAL VOLTAGE
  • This Commodore 64 is a PAL (UK) model as far as I'm aware (not 100% sure due to the sound issue on RF, but it's definitely PAL) .... please check that your display (be it a TV or a monitor) can correctly handle the display that this C64 will give it. I will not be held responsible for damaged displays due to incorrect frequencies etc.
  • I accept payment by:
    • PayPal
    • Cash upon collection
  • If you want to collect, please contact me as soon as possible (via PM or email initially) to arrange a date or time to collect. Collection will be from my home in Northampton, UK and I will provide you with the full postal address (inc. post code) and any help I can to assist you in finding the property.
  • The C64 is sold 'as is' .... no warrenties expressed or implied.
I'm also attending the following events:

• EuroCon 2010
    Manchester, 3rd-5th September 2010
    Homepage: www.eurocon.info
    Scale: Est. 100
    Price: £12.00 (PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT! NO MORE TICKETS AVAILABLE)

• R3PLAY - The Arcade, Retro & Video Gaming Expo
    (in association with Retro Gamer and gamesTM)
    Norbreck Castle Exhibition Centre, Blackpool, 6-7 November 2010
    Homepage: www.R3PLAY.info
    RG Forum Thread: www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21019
    Scale: Huge
    Price: £12.00 Single-day, £20.00 Weekend (Adults). Discounts for Under 14s and Families.
I'm happy to take this lot to the above events for collection on the following conditions:

• you agree this with me first! Don't expect me to take this lot if you haven't expressed interest in this thread
  • you are happy to either pay in advance by PayPal or pay cash upon collection
  • this is subject to me being able to fit this in to my vehicle ..... if it's a problem, I will let you know with plenty of advance notice. As it stands, I have no idea what machines I'm taking to these events to exhibit.
Any questions, please ask

Thanks for reading
woodycool

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
@woody

If you have a little mini slider switch near your RF output, try flicking it over. Many C64's have this 5.5MHz / 6MHz IF sound frequency switch

TC ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom