Commodore 64 SD2IEC Drive

Spritex1

Country
UK
Region
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Hello there,

Have recently bought a Commodore 64 and SD2IEC SD drive, downloaded loads of D64 Games and Scene demos, however whilst most games work hardly any demos do, does anyone know of any sites that have SD2IEC compatible Scene demos I can download or do I need to buy an 1541 Ultimate drive for this.

Thanks

Spritex1

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hi Spritex1,

Many demos make use of the processor inside the 1541 disk drive so they need full 1541 emulation. Unfortunately, none of the SD2IEC emulate the processor in the 1541 so they won't work for demos that require it. You only have two options that are currently available for sale and one that is due to be released soon.

The two that are available are the 1541 Ultimate and the Chameleon. Someone here on AmiBay is selling a couple of the first revision 1541 Ultimates with really nice cases. The other device that's going to be available soon is the UK1541. This device is designed specifically with demos in mind. :)

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions. (y)

Heather

Spritex1

Country
UK
Region
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Commodore 64 SD2IEC Drive

Thanks for the info Heather really appreciate it, not heard of the UK1541, if this is designed with demos in mind I'm most interested, will google this and find out more ?

Last edited:

motrucker

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Annapolis, Maryland
I may be way behind the times (and poor to boot) but I finally added a uTEC for my C-128 and C-64. Now what do I do with all these floppies ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom