Not open for further replies.

daftie

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
scotland
Region
stirlingshire
Hi I came a across this forum when I was searching for Commodore Amiga 500. It was the last games system that I was really "into" and I always remember the nights me and my dad spent playing premier manager,cannon fodder and sensible soccer come to mind. My dad's took not too well lately and I have come up with the idea of getting him a refurbished amiga as a wee pick me up. Do any of you have any 500, 600 or 1200 in stock? If you do what would the price be along with postage to Scotland? As long as it is a working model I am not too bothered how it looks.

Any help or advise would be appreciated.
David.

CrazyC

Damn these amiga bills keep adding up
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Kent
Sounds like a great idea mate. Sincerely wish you all the best with this.

daftie

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
scotland
Region
stirlingshire
Thanks both of you for the reply.

I must admit that I'm a little bamboozled to what I am looking for. I have found one localy that has been in storage. Are there any tell tale things I should be looking at as in tell tale common faults, problems?

Tajmaster , I cant remember having an external drive for my 500. Am I just wrong or is there a reason for this? Do you have any idea of postage costs?

Sorry for all the questions I just don't want to get this wrong And apologies if it's in the wrong section of the forum.
David

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Thanks both of you for the reply.

I must admit that I'm a little bamboozled to what I am looking for. I have found one localy that has been in storage. Are there any tell tale things I should be looking at as in tell tale common faults, problems?

Tajmaster , I cant remember having an external drive for my 500. Am I just wrong or is there a reason for this? Do you have any idea of postage costs?

Sorry for all the questions I just don't want to get this wrong And apologies if it's in the wrong section of the forum.
David

The external drive will reduce disk swapping on games that support additional drives (most do). Its not a necessity, its just part of the bundle I have for sale :)

I need to find a suitable box then get back to you with the postage costs (y)

daftie

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
scotland
Region
stirlingshire
That would be great Tajmaster.

Thanks ulkealan but that's a wee bit too expensive for me. Cheers though.

daftie

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
scotland
Region
stirlingshire
Cheers. I'm amazed at how friendly this forum seems. I'm still looking if anyone has any advice or amiga. :)

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Cheers. I'm amazed at how friendly this forum seems. I'm still looking if anyone has any advice or amiga. :)

Hi David,

Im still trying to find a suitable box for your quote :) I have some boxes from work I am taking home tonight, Ill use them to fashion a box and PM you the quote. I dont expect it to be too much (y)
Taj

Last edited:

baz67

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
UK
Region
East Yorkshire
Hi, fella.
Yes, they're a very helpful, knowledgeable and sociable bunch on here, mate.
As luck would have it - I'm about to put an A500 on here tomorrow night - that's if you aint been fixed up already by the other guys - don't wanna tread on anyone's toes.
Basically, my set-up is good working order - all the gear you need plus a load of 1990s footie manager/sims thrown in for good measure.
£30 plus p&p - can send photos if you need them (hopefully the courier postage won't be much more than £8 approx).
Anyway, all the best with your search and making your dad happy / well-up with nostalgic memories once again - king of all 80s/90s micros, the Amiga - what a great and groovy machine...STILL!
Cheers,
ANDY / BAZ67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom