Commodore Amiga Chinon FB-357A or FZ-357A HD Floppy Disk Drive (high-density)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starglider

Retro YouTuber
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
Country
US&A
Region
CA
Edit 1: Sale fell through due to item not being real.

Edit 2: Found ?

I'm looking for the Chinon FB-357A or FZ-357A (slim version) High Density floppy disk drive for Amiga, so I can read an old set of HD Amiga disks.

Edit: Please make sure it is a real one with the HD sensor as I was sold an imposter drive in this thread that just had an FZ-357A lid on it. When you look make sure it has 3x2 rows of jumper pins on the rear, and not 7x2 etc.

More info on the drive:
http://tizeta2.altervista.org/amiga/tutorials/amiga_floppy_drive/
http://jope.fi/drives/computolio/

Last edited:

Starglider

Retro YouTuber
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
Country
US&A
Region
CA
If you could visit the thread I linked to and offer any advice that would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Starglider

Retro YouTuber
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
Country
US&A
Region
CA
Sure , the drive was tested before shipping to you , i'm testing always the items before sale .

Very disappointed to discover that this does not appear to be a Chinon FZ-357A. It certainly has a "FZ-357A" label on it, but the inside looks nothing like one. The 357A is a high-density drive, but this drive doesn't even have a high-density sensor switch.

This post explains the Frankendrive: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1025600

A real FZ-357A
The drive you sent me

Without further ado I am requesting a full refund for this item as it is:
A) Faulty – won't read or write any Amiga disks, SD or HD
B) Not the item advertised

How would you like to arrange the refund?

Last edited:

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Rating - 100%
254   0   0
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
have you contacted the seller via PM ?

also could you wait 24 hours between replies due to timezone differences.

Starglider

Retro YouTuber
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
Country
US&A
Region
CA
have you contacted the seller via PM ?

also could you wait 24 hours between replies due to timezone differences.

Hi, yes I have PM'd seller. He responded to my last message in this thread without trouble, but not the one about the imposter drive. It has now been over 24 hours. Could you please point me to the rules for the forum regarding dispute resolution, refunds, etc.?

Last edited:

Junior

Rating - 99.3%
145   1   1
Country
Netherlands
I will refund the payment . i had another option because i have here a real HD drive but unfortunately Starglider does not have much patience so that i can answer his questions .
There a time zone and a i have a full job , so maybe there is a day that i don't read my mail or take a peek on Amibay ....

I'm sorry for the problems ...

Starglider

Retro YouTuber
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
Country
US&A
Region
CA
I don't feel I have been impatient if you look at the whole thread. Nearly a week passed between my paying for the item and you dispatching it, with no replies from you for 5 days, not 'maybe a day'. Then it wasn't even the item that was advertised. But if you feel that means I am impatient then I cannot do any better.

Thank you for the refund. I will drop the Frankendrive in the recycling. I will pass on your other HD drive thank you.

Thanks!

"Recordar es vivir"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom