Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Victoria
[ EDIT: SOLD LOCALLY (private sale.) THANKS TO ALL WHO WERE INTERESTED. ]

Hey all,

Thought I'd put my very nice CDTV up for grabs! It's in great shape and comes with a ton of stuff. Unfortunately as it's going to need a ton of upgrades to do what I want (namely sequencing music with Octamed Soundstudio) I'm interested in selling or trading for a more-common but more advanced system.

Included are the original black keyboard, mouse, two control pads, a ton of software on CD & floppy (including a lot of the original Fred Phish collection among other things) and various accessories. It is NTSC and has a 2.2 motherboard. I haven't had much luck with the floppy drives and sometimes it is finicky reading burned CDs but it usually boots them after a couple tries; other than that everything seems to work well. I took one of the control pads out of the original plastic.

See photos:

cdtv-1.jpg

cdtv-2.jpg

cdtv-software-large.jpg

^^ See this large image to read titles... may have another disc or two lying around.
cdtv-disks.jpg

cdtv-bios.jpg

cdtv-boot.jpg

cdtv-workbench.jpg

cdtv-protracker.jpg

Interested in trading for... something like an A1200 or maybe A600 with some upgrades, or basically anything with Kick 2.05+, a PCMCIA/CF-IDE and some fastmem? A MIDI interface would be a nice bonus but I can build my own.

Please note: music gear seen in some of the photos is not included. The monitor could be included depending on what you're offering (if it has some way to connect it to a more common VGA/TV/whatever.)

Would also consider other stuff, like (long shots?)
C64 with MSSIAH/Cynthkart/MIDI-Cynthkart
Yamaha CX5M-II/CX7M/C1
Midibox project (SID/FM/Seq/??) (even unfinished??)
Stuff for my Texas Instruments TI99/4a?
Music gear?? Akai MPC?? Anything else interesting?

I am in Victoria, BC (Vancouver Island, North America)... could meet/deliver in nearby towns on the island (even as far as Nanaimo etc.) for the right system. If you're on the mainland we could figure something out (but the ferry is expensive :( )

Let me know if you're interested in trading & we can work something out!

[ EDIT: SOLD LOCALLY (private sale.) THANKS TO ALL WHO WERE INTERESTED. ]

Last edited:

Surfer

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Tuscany
Too bad that big distance separate us ( i live in italy ) otherwise i could trade your nice cdtv with a lot of stuff like amiga 1200 in original (tatty) box, 600, amiga 500 plus in original (tatty) box, accelerator & expansion cards... Sad story :-(

jmph

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Victoria
Hey all, now accepting cash offers on this machine. Have decided to go in a different direction with my studio for the time being. I need the desk space but it seems like a shame to stash it in a closet!

See OP for asking price. Negotiable.

Too bad that big distance separate us ( i live in italy ) otherwise i could trade your nice cdtv with a lot of stuff like amiga 1200 in original (tatty) box, 600, amiga 500 plus in original (tatty) box, accelerator & expansion cards... Sad story :-(

Yeah, I'm willing to ship but I think the cost would be ridiculous. This is a BIG machine.

fgh

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Country
Norway
Region
Lindesnes
Interested!

Edit: PM was sent 2 min after I made this post.

Last edited:

akdme

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
USA
Region
New Jersey
I'm interested as well. On a side note, would like to know what the miscellaneous music gear you have in the background (the black box with the dials and red buttons, and the other black box with red lining which has a screen or trackpad area)? Just interested for my own edification. Thanks!

jmph

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Victoria
Hey guys, I know I just said I'd be willing to ship, but I'm gonna have to reneg on that; after looking into it a bit I just don't think it makes any sense. I've had horrendous experiences with Canada Post and I'm getting some rough estimates from the couriers of $400+. I don't have the materials here to do a proper job packing it up and would really hate to see it get damaged. Sorry about that. :(

I'm gonna say pickup only in Victoria, BC. Could meet in near-ish towns. BTW there is a direct ferry from Port Angeles, Washington if you wanna come up from that area.

I'm interested as well. On a side note, would like to know what the miscellaneous music gear you have in the background (the black box with the dials and red buttons, and the other black box with red lining which has a screen or trackpad area)? Just interested for my own edification. Thanks!

Some of my essential music gear. :) I bought the CDTV to use as a MIDI sequencer/tracker machine but it's going to need too many upgrades to run what I want (i.e. OctaMed Soundstudio.)

The black box with the dials is a x0xb0x (TB-303 clone) I built myself, pieced together from a couple incomplete kits. The red touch pad is a Korg Kaoss Pad multi-effects processor. The guitar pedal (yellow one) is an MXR Distortion+ and I also have a Roland MC-202 setup but I don't think it's in any of the pics. These are my 'core' instruments that I brought in my luggage when I moved here a month ago, everything else is being shipped!

Syrax

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Alberta
I am not interested in the machine, but think you may want to reconsider your shipping options. If you want just sell the CDTV without the monitor. You are really limiting your customer base to Vancouver Island. Even interested parties in BC are looking at a fairly hefty ferry ride to Island. You may want to use Kijiji if this is your strategy.

hsc

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
Canary Island(Spain)
Region
Tenerife
Hello, what do you think approximately cost to send to Canary Island (Spain) in a very safety box? 100 $ More?

You think the cdtv is under 20Kg? Or more

Probably are a killer , how other here says

If you want contact me PM and can talk more closed swap for me are good too or cash :)

Any way, Declare interest but of course depend on shipping cost.

Saludos

Sorry : is 110 V or 220v Pal or NtSC. ??? Thanks

Last edited:

jmph

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Victoria
Hey all, I will look into shipping this when I have more time. At the moment I'm waffling on keeping it so if sending it out is gonna be a huge pain in the butt then I might just hang on to it for a while. If I figure out a reasonable way to get it shipped, I'll get in touch with you all who PMed me ASAP.

Two things - it's not gonna be <$100 to Europe and I'm not sending it internationally with Canada Post due to consistent, horrendous experiences I've had with them in the past. They seem to think 4-5 *months* is an acceptable delivery time if they don't outright loose the parcel and say 'too bad for you.' Too risky in my opinion. It will have to go with a more reliable company like DHL or ??? (insert huge chain of commenters who have had bad experiences with couriers here...)

Yeah I realize people ship these around all the time but I don't have any of the original box or packaging materials, and I *really* don't want to see it damaged in shipping, so I would have to sort out some proper packing and that takes time & money. It didn't seem right to leave everyone hanging.

Of course a local cash or trade offer will always be welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom