Component list / schematic for Blizzard 1230IV SCSI Kit?

ferrara

AmiBayer
Country
Finland
Region
Province of Southern Finland
Is there any component list or a schematic to be found for the SCSI Kit of Blizzard 1230-IV ?

My SCSI kit has a couple of surface-mounted components knocked off/fried by someone and they're either missing in action or otherwise unidentifiable. I will post pictures of it when I get the chance, but for now a schematic or component list would do help a lot. I'm tempted to try some DIY-repairs for it...

Many thanks in advance! :)

edit: typos etc.

ferrara

AmiBayer
Country
Finland
Region
Thank you, but I didn't find any component info there. However it was otherwise a very good read.
If somebody could take super-sharp photos of their SCSI kits, I could perhaps determine the components from there ?

Looking at this pic: Picture from Amiga Hardware Database
I need to know the components below the ADDR 200 -chip. There's one diode and one yellow capacitor which have been removed from my SCSI kit, dunno why :(

-t

BeelzebubUK

Country
UK
Region
Milton Keynes
Mines slightly different to the Database picture. I've tried to get a good picture for you :

SCSI.jpg

The only details I can see on the barrel shaped part is "H- 7" with a white band running around it. You can see the H- in the picture. The 7 is further round out of view.

The rectangular part you can see all the details in the picture. Hope that helps.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
H-7 is the equivalent SMD diode of 1N4007, so any diode with more than 50V of VRR (Voltage Reverse Resistance : level of voltage it supports before break) will be good.

Even a simple 1N4148 will be good enough, as it is only a protection for a SCSI device giving termination power to the SCSI chain not inputting voltage back to the SCSI controller.

The capacitor is a simple 10uF x 6V (or more, but then it will be larger).

The ADDR200 chip is a SCSI AMD* controller, probably the AM33C93 SMD or equivalent.

*AMD :yes, AMD, the Athlon CPU company.

ferrara

AmiBayer
Country
Finland
Region
Just the information I have been looking for!
Thank you both :)

Perhaps now, as I know what components to get, I can get my SCSI-Kit finally working. (y)

-fer

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Hardly you will have the chip controller busted. Replace the diode and capacitor and peel the label from the chip to confirm if it is really the SMD 33C93.

From the picture I assure you it is made by AMD. But the company made more than one SCSI controller chip and the pinout may be not compatible.

ferrara

AmiBayer
Country
Finland
Region
Yup, the only way to find out is to get those components on the board and boot it up and see what happens. I don't know the board's history, so it's a riddle to me why they are missing and I don't remember whether there was any mark of overheating etc on the component locations...

The reason I don't know it's history is that I got it in a lot of various Amiga Zorro cards/memory expansions/whatnot in various conditions about a year ago and now I'm slowly investigating the boards...

-fer

Top Bottom