Core i7 920 CPU at an unbelievable price!!

Powerpie5000

Hardware Junkie™
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
I'm currently building a new PC for my partner as she thinks her E6850 is getting too slow
rolleyes.gif
I was browsng the web and then stumbled across this:

http://www.worldwidepc.co.uk/cpus-in...-p-101501.html

Now that has got to be the cheapest price anywhere for a Core i7 920 CPU
shocked.gif
I've just ordered one and now i'm expecting an email saying there has been a pricing error!

Anyway i hope i receive it from this relatively "unknown" online store (i've never heard of them before
confused.gif
). On the main CPU list page it shows there are 49 of these in stock at £117.50... they are selling the Core i5 for more
nuts.gif

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
I have just placed an order too. I paid from my Paypal balance so hopefully I am protected if it goes wrong. However, I will not be ordering a motherboard and memory until I actually have the processor in my hand.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
strange

strange

I would get it cheap and local at a price of
224.715 GBP

:blink:

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
I think the chances of this processor actually getting delivered to me are probably pretty slim, but hopefully it will come off. I usually operate by the maxim that if it looks too good it probably is. However, the purchase screen looked secure and ok, so hopefully it will be ok.

Powerpie5000

Hardware Junkie™
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
I think the chances of this processor actually getting delivered to me are probably pretty slim, but hopefully it will come off. I usually operate by the maxim that if it looks too good it probably is. However, the purchase screen looked secure and ok, so hopefully it will be ok.

Yeah everything looked fine to me when i ordered it :) I'm guessing the price was supposed to be £217.50 and not £117.50. All i can do now is wait and see if it arrives... or maybe i will get an email of apology explaining there was a mistake (n)

EDIT: Last night it said there were 49 of these left after i ordered mine, now it says there is 50 in stock even after myself and Jumping Anaconda have ordered one :huh:

http://www.worldwidepc.co.uk/cpus-c-9.html?page=2&sort=4a

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

I've just noticed my Paypal invoice states "Worldwide PC - High Quality, Low Delivery Cost, Affordable Prices" under the item description instead of it saying "Intel Core i7 920". It's probably nothing to worry about but i hope i'm covered by Paypal in case it does not arrive!
The web page includes order and technical phone numbers and email addresses so i guess i can contact them if it does not turn up :)

Brataccas

AmiBayer
Country
Swindon
Region
Wiltshire
Hi,

Thanks for the link, i`m looking for an i7 to at the moment for me and a couple of friends so i`ve ordered 4 via paypal / visa so fully covered if this is a scam. Going to change paypal password just incase to! I`ll keep you all posted with my order progress.

Cheers,

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
carefull

carefull

Be carefull, even if it secured, if the visa server is hacked, or one "claimed hacked" much money could be gone from your account.

Last time it was 1500 EU money I did not have! :wooha:

ok refund, but this happend around chrismas:Doh:

Brataccas

AmiBayer
Country
Swindon
Region
Wiltshire
Hi,

That will be covered by the credit card company but i will speak to them to confirm tomorrow. So you got hit by a hacked server?

For those interested the Whois record is:

Domain name:
wwpc.co.uk

Registrant:
Worldwide P.C. Ltd.

Trading as:
Worldwide PC Ltd

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
Worldwide P.C. Ltd.
88-90 Manningham Lane, BRADFORD
West Yorkshire
BD1 3ES
United Kingdom

Registrar:
Heart Internet Ltd t/a Heart Internet [Tag = HEARTINTERNET]
URL: http://www.heartinternet.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 08-Oct-1997
Renewal date: 08-Oct-2011
Last updated: 02-Dec-2009

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns.mainnameserver.com
ns2.mainnameserver.com

Disclaimer
WHOIS lookup made at 19:37:35 18-Jan-2010
Cheers,

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I figured out what happend, since it happend 5 times

I figured out what happend, since it happend 5 times

Of course I cannot prove my theory but:

You order something. (like me cheap cigs). But the same goes for you, a product underpriced. It is against Belgium law, ordering something under market value by the way... (so you can presume it could be xxx) Well not very interested in law, but mentioning worth.

option 1: the server is not well secured
option 2: it is just a criminal network

you give in you're visa details = the server has them. (the cig seller, takes another company for paement option)

I've had after 5 times ordering the same product, the same problems. (transactions not done by me) Of course the payement company was a "valid" option, and of course it was https, and never used windows to order something.:D

Visa comment: We can't say wich client is hacked :mad: server you will have to understand that, but the problems are beiing solved :huh:

Well decided not to pay on the net with visa any longer (y)

I'll take in my case looking at 5 different situations, the company selling the cigs has a deal with the payement company or are just stupid :help:

deekay

Country
England
...i`m looking for an i7 to at the moment for me and a couple of friends so i`ve ordered 4...

Looks like the chance of anybody getting anything at the offered price is getting slimmer by the second...

Hi guys I am new to this forum and also purchased the Core I7 for the quoted price of £117.50 yesterday morning.
I however also noticed that around some point in the morning (may have been around 11am yesterday) the price suddenly changed to £217.50!
It then automatically changed back to £117.50!
Also the quantaties keep comming back upto 50 as quoted earlier!
I have paid by paypal so hopefully am covered if it doesn't show up.

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
There seems to be a lot of members from around the Bradford area on this board. Has anybody dealt with the store in question before?

Jumping Anaconda

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Hertfordshire
Still no dispatch notice or email to tell me that they are going to cancel the order yet. Has anybody heard anything yet?

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I was considering an i7 myself until recently. However I'm now staying away from Socket LGA 1366 motherboards and CPUs as I have a strong suspicion that this socket isn't going to be with us long and the newer LGA 1156 is going to become the actual new standard Intel socket type to replace the ageing Socket LGA 775 that Intel has been using for so long.

My reasoning? All the new i3 and i5 CPUs are using the new LGA 1156 socket, and the lastest i7 CPU releases are too.

At the moment I think the i5 750 is the best bang for your buck processor. However, if you really do get this i7 920 for this price and can get a reasonably priced motherboard for it then it will be a good bargain in itself.

Brataccas

AmiBayer
Country
Swindon
Region
Wiltshire
Quick update:

No change on the order status.

PayPal IPN Verified [Pending (Verified; *****); paymentreview]

Funds have been taken from credit card so i presume that their is no issue with payment... Awaiting update on that status.

Cheers,

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Just had an update:

01/19/2010 Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; *****)]

Fingers crossed they post the items out!

Cheers,

Powerpie5000

Hardware Junkie™
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
I gave them a call today and was told my i7 CPU should be with me this week as it's already been dispatched... I really hope they are telling the truth!

Anyway all i can do now is wait and see :)

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

I was considering an i7 myself until recently. However I'm now staying away from Socket LGA 1366 motherboards and CPUs as I have a strong suspicion that this socket isn't going to be with us long and the newer LGA 1156 is going to become the actual new standard Intel socket type to replace the ageing Socket LGA 775 that Intel has been using for so long.

My reasoning? All the new i3 and i5 CPUs are using the new LGA 1156 socket, and the lastest i7 CPU releases are too.

At the moment I think the i5 750 is the best bang for your buck processor. However, if you really do get this i7 920 for this price and can get a reasonably priced motherboard for it then it will be a good bargain in itself.

The i9 is only scheduled for the 1366 platform and as far as i know the 1156 platform is just limited to dual and quad core CPU's and dual channel memory. I also prefer to have full 16/16 pci-e lanes for Crossfire or SLI compared to 8/8 for the 1156 platform (new GPU's will be bottlenecked in Crossfire or SLI on P55 boards (n)).

At the moment it's also safer for overclockers to choose 1366 as many 1156 Foxconn CPU sockets are burning out and damaging CPU's :blink: (most 1156 motherboards use the dodgy Foxconn CPU sockets).

The 1156 platform is a great replacement for 775 and will become the mainstream while 1366 will remain high-end with more multiple core CPU's coming in the future.

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

Just checked the price and it is now at £223.25!

The price has now just changed to £176.25 :blink:

Top Bottom