CPU stand offs/supports

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Would there be any interest in these if i were to get more produced?

Attachments

• standoff (3).jpg
    standoff (3).jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 0
  • standoff.jpg
    standoff.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 0

Tomse

RISK is good
AmiBayer
Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen
Have you talked to Bwian:LOL: ?

I seem to remember he having a kit with different shapes and sizes, bought somewhere.

ofc I have no idea what is going to be the cheapest ;-)

keropi

VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
these are awesome, I had the same but with teflon screws for my csppcs... they bold down the cpu-card and the whole thing is solid!
alas they are of no interest to me now :p

cosmicfrog

The 1 That Ribbits
Country
UK
Region
Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands
I would be interested in 2 of :)

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
this is fine work my friend,

how small and thin can you go with this?

I have a project that could really use somthing like eight of these but they would need to be alteast half the size *(width and screew tap). - would that be possible?

Brian

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Kentucky
Unfortunately, I can't find another kit similar to the one I originally purchased to show as an example. It had 3 different size threads, about 3 to 5 length of each one, and enough screws to go around.

McMaster-Carr here in the US sells many different shapes and sizes but I think it would cost too much to be worth it to anyone overseas. Still, let me know if you want me to look for something particular. I might be able to come up with something.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
I can help tipping you guys:

For poor people like me, there is a way to use DIY custom spacers.

How?

Well, you guys know I'm cheap, so...

First, take a BIC pen (just the outer case), cut it to the exact right length and put a long enough screw inside, put a suitable screw nut on the other side.

Done!:)

Brian

AmiBayer
Country
USA
Region
Kentucky
Nice idea, rkauer. Now that you mention it, one of my former co-workers used to take a stiff piece of pneumatic tubing (6mm or 1/4" thickwall) and make standoffs. As long as you didn't need them too long, they were very stable. You could even cut a thin piece to use as an insulating washer for top and bottom if all you had was metal fasteners.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
OF course there are more "professional-looking" materials that a spacer can be made of, like Teflon, poly-amid PA6 (aka "soft" Nylon) and other heat-resistant plastics.

Even some are made from no-flammable wood (those are a bit cheaper than plastics, BTW).

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
to all of those wanting stand offs, please read trough this thread for some options.

now i can make these at work but there is a catch! we are flat out at the moment, so what i need is a list of interested parties and how many each person wants, when we get a little quieter i'll see what i can do, so how many stand offs are needed?

cheers, JuvUK

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I could take four - I have a warpengine without spacers. But I like to know an estimate before commiting to buy.

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
@JuvUK

I'm interested on twenty (20) units for A4KD's with CS-MKII & CSPPC...

You sell this spacers?

Thanks & Best wishes

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
hi merlinkv,
no i don't sell these they are free (just postage), so far that is 20 for you and 4 for jvdbossc.

i will let this run for a while and give people time to post their needs.

as i said earlier it is just time that will be a problem, as i don't know when i'll be able to make them, so if you need them in a hurry i'm afraid i can't help, if you're happy to wait then i'll get them done

cheers, JuvUK

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hey Juvvy I wouldn't mind another set for my Desktop A4000 but please make me the lowest priority.

Do you need a Scart lead for your Sega Saturn? I have a spare here I could send you as a thank you :)

Steve.

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
I would love 12 of these. I have one a4k missing them entirely, one missing two and one with all 4... but they are a little dodgy. :)

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Hey Juvvy I wouldn't mind another set for my Desktop A4000 but please make me the lowest priority.

Do you need a Scart lead for your Sega Saturn? I have a spare here I could send you as a thank you :)

Steve.

thanks for the offer, but i'm running through s-video:)

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
@JuvUK

Hi m8, thanks (y)

I can wait, of course. But, please, update thread when available .....:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I wan't 20 units.... :oops:

Thanks again & Best wishes

Top Bottom