Crazy Car Reg Numbers

DaZZaBoY

OldskoOler
Country
England
Region
South Cumbria
Had to laugh on the way home from work today. I passed a car with the plate L337 HAX - nearly fell off my bike when I saw it. I think it would be a fitting appendage for a few of the doods in here. ;)

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
My favourite was passing a van on my way to work, with the registration plate X86 FAN.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Anyone on here own up to having a personalised number plate?

What really is the point other than to hide the real age of your car?

When it all began it was something a bit special as only the rich purchased them and put them on cars that mattered. And for those that still do I can see the point. But these days you see clapped out Vauxhall kid movers with them saying things like B35 MUM. That is just sad. Even worse is when you see BMW M3 drivers and they have stuck M3 DAZ on the back. Oh dear...

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Anyone on here own up to having a personalised number plate?

What really is the point other than to hide the real age of your car?

When it all began it was something a bit special as only the rich purchased them and put them on cars that mattered. And for those that still do I can see the point. But these days you see clapped out Vauxhall kid movers with them saying things like B35 MUM. That is just sad. Even worse is when you see BMW M3 drivers and they have stuck M3 DAZ on the back. Oh dear...

i had a BMW 740i (4.4lts V8:)) my reg was A7 (as in A 7 series) JUV, cool plate huh? shame i sold it with the car

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
In Finland, you have to pay 1000 € for personalized plates and you're still stuck to the same conventions, which apply to regular plates, so the Finnish DMV is just ripping you off.

Nevertheless, I'd love to have an SAA-897 plate in my Saab Sonett. :)

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
I want a British registration from Birmingham, circa 1982......

BOL 10X........:whistle:

:LOL:

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
I used to have an old Cortina with the letters TYT in the reg.

My second favourite part of a females anatomy :D

Dave G :cool:

DaZZaBoY

OldskoOler
Country
England
Region
South Cumbria
Even worse is when you see BMW M3 drivers and they have stuck M3 DAZ on the back. Oh dear...

Now that is one plate I'd never have. Tacky, tacky, tacky! Or anything else with DAZ in for that matter.

I've always blown hot and cold with personal reg's and have yet to own one. Some look good and some look trash, it is a fine line indeed.

I think if I got one it'd have to be the same format as the normal reg layout, so it's personal to you but doesn't look crap. :) These are quite expensive tho.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

My wife's last car ended with TTY. :LOL: She bought the car new and picked that reg from the dealer's list as she thought it amusing! (y)

She got a few comments from relatives and friends who noticed too. Obviously the comments were mostly from men! :p

Regarding if I would personally ever get one. If I had a car that was more exclusive or special than normal then maybe, but it would need to be the right plate and the right car, such as a classic, and I'm not sure what that would be. But I wouldn't stick one on a standard everyday car.

I did like Chris Evan's personalised number plates on all his Ferrari's (he had them all on display at Goodwood this year). They were all the old school 3 numbers followed by 3 letter format, and all ended in ENZ for Enzo. Nice. :)

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs

My wife's last car ended with TTY. :LOL: She bought the car new and picked that reg from the dealer's list as she thought it amusing! (y)

She got a few comments from relatives and friends who noticed too. Obviously the comments were mostly from men! :p

A lady with a sense of humour - now that I do like :D

asm1

AmiBayer
Country
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
What about the old classic PEN 1S spoilsports that the DVLA are, they banned it :LOL:

KN 08 ERS (not one I've seen, and dont know if it would be allowed but its a thought :D)

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
I dont see the point of personalised number plates, I can never understand what theyre supposed to say so I just think "what a cock" (y) :ROTFLOL2:

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
I dont see the point of personalised number plates, I can never understand what theyre supposed to say so I just think "what a cock" (y) :ROTFLOL2:

/Merlin offers NOB 8Y or NOB 83D to Tajmaster......:mrgreen:

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
NOB 8Y is a Land Rover Range Rover Sp Hse Tdv8 A (Estate), so it actually exists.....;)

Here, knock yourselves out..... loving the facepalm picture on the web page....:LOL:

https://www.mycarcheck.com/

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
NOB 8Y is a Land Rover Range Rover Sp Hse Tdv8 A (Estate), so it actually exists.....;)

Here, knock yourselves out..... loving the facepalm picture on the web page....:LOL:http://www.mycarcheck.com/

Only slightly :eek:fftopic:

As a side note to this we have friends down in Kinnies neck of the woods that we stay with when we go for a break down there and their surname is 'Nobbs'

My partners maiden name was 'Pratt' :D and now she's living with a prat!!!!!

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire

/Merlin offers NOB 8Y or NOB 83D to Tajmaster......:mrgreen:

LOL!! :) I already had that suggested to me a few times!

---------- Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

ok, well thanks for that

No offence intended Juv :) I was just jesting ;)

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
I saw this earlier in the year. :)

IMG00143-20100127-1527.jpg

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
^^^ :mrgreen: ^^^

AndyC

AmiBayer
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Fife
Had to laugh on the way home from work today. I passed a car with the plate L337 HAX - nearly fell off my bike when I saw it. I think it would be a fitting appendage for a few of the doods in here. ;)

I'm sorry... I'm obviously completely stupid... What is the significance of this?

:blink:

AndyC

Top Bottom