CSPPC 604e 060/50 233Mhz => Best cooler?

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi

I see some threads here about cooling PPC boards....

I have one CSPPC 604e and I'm waiting a new case for my project. What's the best method to get the PPC CPU cool?

I believe the factory heatskin & cooler are too small and I want to intall lot of expansions and perpipheals inside the case (Mirage Pro 4000)....

Any idea? Just fans? Liquid system?

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Did you get a Mirage Pro? Is it new from Elbox :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Ohhhh I want one so bad...

stachu100

Country
Poland
Region
mazowieckie
Look here, great job done:
https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=11666

I think that CSPPC factory cooler is good enough - the problem is that original A4000D has very bad air circulation. :dry:
And this is the real probelm - to improve air circulation inside the desktop case.
If you are going to install A4000 into Mirage tower - air circulation will be good enough for CSPPC factory cooling.

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Yes, finally I bought one (not to mention price.....) at Elbox site. But regarding prices of modified cases and Mediator 4000D..... I think is not very expensive.

It comes also with the adapted version of the Mediator 4000D. If nothing wrong, the first week of January I have the new case at home.

I abandoned the PC-Tower modification because really I don´t have time to design, metal work, .......

Sure i open a new thread when all items are ready to start..... (y)

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

Hi Stachu100,

Yes, I see this thread.

But is enough to work lot of time -maybe nonstop days- with the PPC cool?

Sorry for this questions but I'm noob :oops: with PPC CPU's and don't want my precious board became dead.....

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
@stachu100

Hi m8 (y)

Board have the original fan, looks good... but, as you said... is time to replace. :)

Thanks also for the link (y)

Best wishes

stachu100

Country
Poland
Region
mazowieckie
You're welcome my friend! (y)
This particular listing ended already, but please look for the Sunon fan with the same number. Or any 40x40 fan if you don't care about height and original look.

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi

I think I have on "stock" some 40x40 fans

Is needed one 5v? or any 12v connected to the PSU is OK? I think is the same, right?

stachu100

Country
Poland
Region
mazowieckie
If you do care about original look please install 5V fan and connect it to CSPPC onboard power outlet.
If you don't care about oroginal look you can install 12V unit and connect it to HDD MOLEX connector, no problem.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Yes, finally I bought one (not to mention price.....) at Elbox site. But regarding prices of modified cases and Mediator 4000D..... I think is not very expensive.

It comes also with the adapted version of the Mediator 4000D. If nothing wrong, the first week of January I have the new case at home.

I abandoned the PC-Tower modification because really I don´t have to design, metal work, .......

Hey mate, I'm truely envious its going to be an awesome setup and I'm really looking forward to your post (y)

I thought about the Tower Mod myself as you know and in the end I think you're always better off with the official kit.

Keep up the great work my friend.

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi Steve

Thanks alot for your kind words m8 (y)

Yes, with the "official kit" everything goes more simple to do.

Without speaking about money.... I spend lot of time, around one year, collecting every piece of my big (for me) project.

But now I see the light at the end of the tunnel........... :D

Best wishes

Top Bottom