Not open for further replies.

jimbob005

AmiBayer
Country
swadlincote,uk
Region
swadlincote
hi there
is there any one in the uk able to convert .d64 back to disk ??
i would like to put a demo on to disk if any one can help me i have disks and the .d64 file

thanks james

sarek2k

Country
Morecambe, UK
Region
Lancashire
Re: .d64 to disk

@Jimbob005

I would say you stand more chance of gettting this done at http://www.lemon64.com/

some of us here have real c64's/disk drives and pc's but not a means to connect the two together (hope you have more luck at lemon64

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

Hi James

You need one of the XA1541 adapters available via a certain auction site. These connect to the printer port on the PC and allow you to send files to a 1541 disk drive. There is also n XE1541 adapter but I am led to understand that the XA1541 is better.

I hope that this helps.

Merlin

jimbob005

AmiBayer
Country
swadlincote,uk
Region
swadlincote

@sarek2k
thats my problem i have a real c64 and the files on the pc. The pc emu is good but some times its nicer to see it running on the c64

@ Merlin
iv found an adapter i dont want to buy the wrong one its an xe+xm1541 ill post a link but if its agenst the rules i will edit it off i just dont want to get the wrong thing.
http://www.nkcelectronics.com/commodore ... a1541.html

thanks james

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

Your link is fine James.

That is the type of adapter I was thinking of, however, I would advise that you talk to someone like Overdoc over at Lemon 64 forums, to make sure that you get the right one; some of them aren't compatible with more modern motherboards but I don't know which ones.

Cheers

Merlin

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

Personally I would recommend the Catweasel PCI controller card for the PC. This PCI card allows you to connect original C64 drives, as well as standard 3.5" and 5.25" drives, to a PC and read and write to C64, Amiga, ST, Arch and many other file formats.

It is quite expensive at £74.99, but it is strongly supported, with the developers releasing firmware updates regularly to add new features to the card and fix any bugs users report.

A member of classicamiga called Demon Cleaner owns one of these Catweasel controllers, so if you need to ask some questions before you look into buying one then I recommend you have a chat with him as he should be able to answer your questions. He is a C64 user so has used it to read and write C64 disk formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom