Dell 1801fp Monitor

RuneRider

A1000 Keeper of the Faith
Country
Canada
Region
Alberta
I just picked one of these up for really cheap. I'm hoping once I get the adapter I need that it will perform like its big brother and scan down to 15khz.

Anybody ever used one of these with an Amiga?

P1170454.jpg

Last edited:

RuneRider

Country
Canada
Region
Alberta
Yeah, 2 similar ones but no luck, only seems to works so far with the newer dell wide screens :(

Hmmm, I'd really hoped it was the same as with the 20" version and would work. I'll see what happens when the adapter arrives and if it's a no-go I'll just sell it .

Last edited by a moderator:

DutchinUSA

AmiBayer
Country
Unites States
Region
Wisconsin
I just checked the ones that didn't work for their model number:

20.1" Dell 2005FPW
19" Dell SE198WFPy

The ones I have that do work are a:

Dell ST2320 and ST2220, both of these also have HDMI and are newer models.

The 1st 2 models mentioned I picked up cheap like you, the newer ones weren't so cheap, more like regular modern widescreen price (which is still not real bad).

RuneRider

Country
Canada
Region
Alberta
No luck. Neither the 1801fp nor 1905fp I also bought recently support 15khz.
dry.gif

Last edited:

khimru

Country
Germany
Region
Munich
Looks like the only fool-proof way to know if to check if there's composite input: all models with composite input support 15khz (if you'll think a bit it's not surprising: why would you add a composite input without support for 15khz mode?): 2001FP, 2408WFP, 3008WFP, etc. Newer models without composite input sometimes reuse electronics and then support 15khz mode, older models couldn't do that.

RuneRider

Country
Canada
Region
Alberta
Looks like the only fool-proof way to know if to check if there's composite input: all models with composite input support 15khz (if you'll think a bit it's not surprising: why would you add a composite input without support for 15khz mode?): 2001FP, 2408WFP, 3008WFP, etc. Newer models without composite input sometimes reuse electronics and then support 15khz mode, older models couldn't do that.

I never thought of that. Makes sense. Ich bin Ihnen sehr dankbar für diese Information. :yourock:

I'm going to test this as soon as I can.

RuneRider

Country
Canada
Region
Alberta
I don't need to worry anymore. I just bought a pair of Dell 2001fp units with soundbar. They are both manufactured before June 2005 after which some say they were no longer capable of scanning down to 15khz.

One plus a spare for half of the cost many are asking for a single on TheOtherBay. (y)

P.S. they just happen to have a composite input. :cool:

demolition

AmiBayer
Country
Denmark
Region
Copenhagen

I have the 2408WFP and it does not work with 15kHz input on VGA despite having both Composite and S-Video connectors. I tested using the Commodore adapter and my own custom cable which works fine with the 2001FP monitor.

khimru

Country
Germany
Region
Munich
I have the 2408WFP and it does not work with 15kHz input on VGA despite having both Composite and S-Video connectors. I tested using the Commodore adapter and my own custom cable which works fine with the 2001FP monitor.
I stand corrected then. I have no idea why they would do that, but apparently logic is a topic not known for monitor makers...

RuneRider

Country
Canada
Region
Alberta

Interesting. I'm glad I never bought yet another monitor to try and now will have one that works.

Top Bottom