Dell 2007fp

Mraccess

Country
USA
Region
Virginia
I wanted to mention that I've found the Dell 2007fp to be a great monitor for the Amiga and Commodore. While the monitor does not support 15khz horizontal scan, it does have a composite in, s-video in, VGA in, and DVI. I've got my C64 hooked up through the s-video using a cable that puts the luma and chroma into a small s-video din. The monitor has a feature to sharpen the image and the C64 looks really good on it sharpened. There is some pixelation of course when you are viewing the lower resolution from the c64 but hey, it's low resolution on a 20 inch monitor and the sharper image is less fuzzy than the default option which looks less pixelation but more blurred at the low resolution.

The composite seems to work for me using my pal a1200 so I believe it supports PAL and NTSC. The other bay has good deals on these monitors refurbished directly from dell but not BIN. I personally like the 170 degree wide viewing angle on the monitor and the ability to keep all my retro computers plugged in and then just switch between them using a button on the monitor. It does not have sound built-in but I believe there may have been a sound bar made for the monitor at one point.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Thanks for the review Mraccess. :) I totally have to agree with you on this one. I've had a 2100fp (the 21" Widescreen version of the 2007fp) for more than three years now and it's a great monitor! The composite and S-Video inputs are sharp and clear plus there are DVI and VGA inputs as well. I have my desktop PC plugged into the DVI, my A4000D with Indivision plugged into the VGA and I use the composite and S-Video from time to time as well.

It's a great all around monitor and it looks wonderful with my Indivision.

Take care,

Heather

Paradroid

Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
These sound good, I just checked around on the web and there's a review on the Amazon page for the monitor that says:

Near CRT Quality in LCD flat panel - A Rare Thing!

As a professional photographer and 2D graphics exponent, I have always stuck rock solid to the classic high-end professional 22" CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) monitors, renowned for their ultimate graphics quality. I have tried LCD and even LED flat panels but have always been hugely disappointed, their performance falling far short of that of the professional CRT models. ...

... I have recently purchased a DELL 2007FP Ultrasharp 20" flat panel LCD monitor and I'm delighted. It is so close to my professional 22" CRT's (20" viewable area) in performance and quality that I am very happy now to know that never again will I have to go on a CRT hunt. Brilliant! Very highly recommended.

Top Bottom