Blogger
Rating - 100%
1037   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi!

My Friend has asked me if I know anyone that would like to buy his Server, I said that I'd try Amibay before going to eBay with it.

It appears to be entry level, specs here:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/HZDFQ4J/configuration

I checked and it has 1 CPU, assume it's the Zeon E5504 (2ghz Quad Core) if it turns out to be better then great! It has 4gb Ram (2x 2gb)

There are 4x 160gb HDD's, these have been securely wiped. There is a licence sticker on the PC, I need to double check which OS (assume it's Win Server edition of some description) There is no Media.

It has at least 1 optical drive. It comes from his own business, they've gone over to a data centre, citrix based system now so it's surplus.

This board can take dual CPU's and massive amounts of Ram! Upgrades can be sourced quite reasonably priced, in fact I was tempted to buy it myself as a home server and stick dual CPU's in it.

He's looking for £300 but invites 'offers.' Preferably collection from Sevenoaks in Kent, but I might be able to arrange UK shipping on his behalf.

I took a quick snap of the inside whilst I was looking at it, the server it's self although a bit dusty it is in good condition, its original and complete inside. Fan was removed for the pic, obviously.

20150409_173825.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
1037   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
My friend is listing on eBay so if anyone is interested let me know ASAP else I'll close it down.

ShambleS1980

Softmodder/Tsoper/Repairer of old xboxes.
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Country
Wales
Region
Gwynedd
not trying to buy but thought i would add.
"because i know the xeon's (with an x ;) ) can be a bit confuzing to identify from the names."
that the E5504 is a 2009 Naelhem cpu 'gainestown' "not the server equivalent of a core 2 quad"
so its really the server equivalent of an early i5.
It also uses ddr3 ram. (not ddr 2)

Any way just thought id help with clearing that up as the server cpu's really do need a better naming policy.
really an E5504 does sound a lot like a laptop's coe2duo to me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom