Deneb Clock Port

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Hey guys,

anyone here own a Deneb usb card and used the clockport? I want to add a sound card to my A4k and am running out of zorro slots, but the Deneb usb card is in the top zorro slot and so I could add a Prelude 1200 or similar there.

Will this work? If so, I have been told that the Deneb clock port header is not labled.... so how do you know which position to fit the card?

Thanks for the help guys,

abraXXious

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I used a multimeter to find the orientation since there is 5 volt on it. I never tested it further.:whistle:

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Hey there jvdbossc,

what device did you connect to the Deneb clock port? Which pin GOES to the 5v? Can you be more specific, please? :)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
ok no problem, (stolen from here http://www.ianstedman.co.uk/Amiga/amiga_h_w/clock_port/clock_port.html)

I just put the black lead to ground somewhere in the machine and then the red lead to pin 20 if it gives you 5volt then you know you have pin 2.

However do not short pin 19 and 20 be smart ... You can use an old connector taken from a garbage pc ...(like the ones that feed the power led)

I connected a catweasel mk2 but did not test it.

Pin no.NameDescription
19: GND Ground
20: VCC +5v DC
21: INT6 Interupt Request
22: _SPARE_CS
23: _RTC_CS Real Time Clock CS
24: _PWR_BAD
25: _IORD IO Read
26: _IOWR IO Write
27: A5 Address Bus Bit 5
28: A4 Address Bus Bit 4
29: A3 Address Bus Bit 3
30: A2 Address Bus Bit 2
31: D23 Data Bit Bit 23
32: D22 Data Bit Bit 22
33: D21 Data Bit Bit 21
34: D20 Data Bit Bit 20
35: D19 Data Bit Bit 19
36: D18 Data Bit Bit 18
37: D17 Data Bit Bit 17
38: D16 Data Bit Bit 16
39: GND Ground
40: _RESET Reset

keropi

VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Ioannina
you have been told wrong. :LOL:
the DENEB clockport header is labeled just fine.
you can clearly see the "22" printed on the lower right conrer of the clockport ;)

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hey guys,

anyone here own a Deneb usb card and used the clockport? I want to add a sound card to my A4k and am running out of zorro slots, but the Deneb usb card is in the top zorro slot and so I could add a Prelude 1200 or similar there.

Will this work? If so, I have been told that the Deneb clock port header is not labled.... so how do you know which position to fit the card?

Thanks for the help guys,

abraXXious

why dont you just add USB sound card?

technically you could add as many as you liked, usb sound cards are supported with DENEB i believe.

AmigaKit said:
When your Amiga has DENEB USB you can use a wide range of standard USB peripherals including:

bullet.jpg
USB Thumb / Flash drives - easily transfer data between PC/Apple/Linux box and your Amiga
bullet.jpg
USB Keyboards - configure the multimedia keys to Amiga applications
bullet.jpg
USB Scroll Mice - use the latest laser mice
bullet.jpg
USB card readers - access your digital photo images / mp3 music / PDA files
bullet.jpg
USB sound cards

bullet.jpg
USB modems / network adapters (see accessory option below)
bullet.jpg
USB printers and scanners - subject to third party software
bullet.jpg
USB hard drives and CD/DVDs

DENEB USB is supplied with the full Poseidon USB software for the Amiga.

According to amiga.resource.cx - amongst the many features it also has -

• shipped with Poseidon 4.0 OEM USB stack
  • driver for USB mouse and keyboard (HID devices), parallel interface (printers), flash card readers (SCSI emulation) and sound cards are included

This is why one of these is on my birthday/christmas prezzie list =)

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Hi Zetr0,

Well, I was thinking of adding usb sound, but I figured a clock port option would be better for two reasons.

[1] - it is totally internal and therefore neater.

[2] - it would be better supported.

A third reason could be - I could find absolutely NO list of supported usb sound hardware!!!

If anyone can point me to a list of supported sound hardware, please do. If I could find a supported USB card with DSP then I would strongly consider usb.

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
usb sound

usb sound

I tried two they both worked :)

One of them is in my gmail history:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250653586204

There is an internal connector to connect it to, you can lead it to pci bracket. You can also put a hub internal to have more magic, like usb sticks already available.
(or what about a card reader - nice (y))

---------- Post added at 09:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

While you are busy with the sound might go for the ethernet as well

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110529608832

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@Abb's

according to vesalia

As the world's first Amiga Classic USB controller the DENEB supports real time isochronous data transfer and hence allows using inexpensive USB sound cards with a new audio class driver available in Poseidon V4.0. AHI is supported with all sampling rates and resolutions up to 32bit.

I have scoured E3B's site and I cannot find a list other than itteration of the above.

I would suggest dropping them an Email and see if they can help with which USB sound cards can be used.

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Hey, that looks good, but I will have to find a pci bracket to connect to.

As for the ethernet, I already have a Adriadne II installed. :)

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Just bought one of those usb 2.0 sound cards (locally though). Any ideas how I will mix the audio with the paula rca outputs?

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hey, that looks good, but I will have to find a pci bracket to connect to.

As for the ethernet, I already have a Adriadne II installed. :)

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Just bought one of those usb 2.0 sound cards (locally though). Any ideas how I will mix the audio with the paula rca outputs?

The Adriadne II will see about 900KB max with an 060 pushing it - an external USB adapter should see over 2MB with DENEB in DMA mode (also pending disk speed and usb activity)

The Sound Card has a MIC in - this could be used with a stereo phono to 3mm jack plug - you will/may need to turn the mic boost/gain off.

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
I thought the Adriadne used DMA? Pointless if it doesnt.

Anywho, thats a great idea about the mic input. I could solder a nice 3.5mm connection from the inside of the rca audio connections and plug it directly into the usb card, but how would it work? Does Poseidon have a sound mixer control as standard for usb sound devices? If so, do you set the mic to a desireable level, save and then from booting you automatically have sound through the usb audio device routing the output from Paula in through the mic input and out through the output?

This would be amazing but I need confirmation please. :)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Why do not go the mobo with the usb sound. then you need nothing.

The internal audio connector enables an audio expansion device mounted internally (e.g. CD-ROM, sound card) to mix its output into the standard Amiga audio output.

abraXXious

Banned
Country
Australia
Lol, thanks jvdbossc - I forgot all about the audio input header on the A4k mb - shows how long it has been since I stripped it down. :)

So if I make a simple cable going from 3.5 headphone plug to the A4k mb audio input header it should route all usb audio through the audio output rca sockets. So I just use the poseidon mixer to set the level of the usb audio and Im away?

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I tested the Deneb with that usb sound card and it used ahi. It was already on there by the previous owner he had a slot sound card.

Probably it is the same as with the network card it is a industry general support so every audio device should work.

http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs

Top Bottom